LB Nehemiah Augustus [Memphis - Signed LOI]

Not exactly sure what to take from this. Seems excited about the score but it going to take it again?

Next test date is Feb. 6 so the Saturday after NSD. I wonder if we're still interested - assuming he qualifies.

https://twitter.com/Nehemiah_Menace/status/685547913481564162

From what I've heard from friends that have double-tested and done well on the ACT, Winter testing is always harder than Spring test. 18 would also be more than enough to get into UNL, as long as GPA is good enough.

Ummmm, no. UNL requires MINIMUM of 20 to be accepted. Especially for out-of-state students. GPA doesn't mean anything to colleges. Every high school is different. You could get a 4.0 close to the top of your class at one school that has an easy curriculum....equating to getting a 2.8 and middle of the pack at another high school. GPA doesn't mean sh#t honestly.

This doesn't appear to be correct.

PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS

Freshmen applicants should:
Score 20 or higher on the ACT, writing portion not required.
Or, score a total of 950 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading and Math sections.
Or, rank in the top half or their high school graduating class.
All freshman applicants under the age of 23 are required to submit an official ACT or SAT score.

Link

The "or"s would disagree with you.

And that's for the general population. Athletes often get a "relaxed" standard. As long as they meet NCAA requirements.

My point was that an 18 on your ACT isn't "more than enough" to get you into UNL, or any college for that matter. UNL accepts most in-state students even if they are below 20 on ACT, as long as they finish in the top half of their class.

I realize athletes get a little bit of a "relaxed" standard.

Please notice the Ors! UNL Performance Requirements

• Score 20 or higher on the ACT, writing portion not required.
  • Or, score a total of 950 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading and Math sections.
  • Or, rank in the top half or their high school graduating class.

I understand the Ors! My point was the an 18 on your ACT ALONE doesn't get you into UNL. Someone said that was "more than enough" to get in which is very wrong.

Also saying you need a MINIMUM of 20 is very wrong.

Not exactly sure what to take from this. Seems excited about the score but it going to take it again?

Next test date is Feb. 6 so the Saturday after NSD. I wonder if we're still interested - assuming he qualifies.

From what I've heard from friends that have double-tested and done well on the ACT, Winter testing is always harder than Spring test. 18 would also be more than enough to get into UNL, as long as GPA is good enough.

Ummmm, no. UNL requires MINIMUM of 20 to be accepted. Especially for out-of-state students. GPA doesn't mean anything to colleges. Every high school is different. You could get a 4.0 close to the top of your class at one school that has an easy curriculum....equating to getting a 2.8 and middle of the pack at another high school. GPA doesn't mean sh#t honestly.

PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS

Or, score a total of 950 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading and Math sections.

All freshman applicants under the age of 23 are required to submit an official ACT or SAT score.

Link

And that's for the general population. Athletes often get a "relaxed" standard. As long as they meet NCAA requirements.

My point was that an 18 on your ACT isn't "more than enough" to get you into UNL, or any college for that matter. UNL accepts most in-state students even if they are below 20 on ACT, as long as they finish in the top half of their class.

• Or, score a total of 950 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading and Math sections.
I understand the Ors! My point was the an 18 on your ACT ALONE doesn't get you into UNL. Someone said that was "more than enough" to get in which is very wrong.
One time i forgot my Ors and couldnt get back to shore.
  • Fire 2

PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS

Link

One time i forgot my Ors and couldnt get back to shore.

Hey C N Red, "quit playing with your dinghy"!

• Fire 2

That science score is really bad. I wonder if he's taken any prep classes - the science test isn't exactly 'easy', but it's a lot easier to get a good score when someone teaches you that it's not really a science test at all, but a problem-solving test, and gives you tips on what to look for.

• 4 weeks later...