Shorter practice times?

With the experience these coaches have I would have to believe that they know whether or not they are accomplishing what they need to accomplish in these shorter practices. If the guys are struggling to execute I would think the coaches would change things up.

Either way, if a sloppy team takes the field, I would question the decision. If an assignment oriented team that executes well takes the field, then I'm a happy camper.

I know Bo used the trackers and shortened practices last year IIRC. Didn't really seem to hamper the team. Same results from previous years. Guess it wasn't an advantage either :dunno

Seemed to have read the Riley likes his staff to run things. He's learning and trying different things. I like that he realizes that this is NU not OSU. Might be a learning curve, but he appears willing to get advice, ask folks and adjust.

With the experience these coaches have I would have to believe that they know whether or not they are accomplishing what they need to accomplish in these shorter practices. If the guys are struggling to execute I would think the coaches would change things up.

Either way, if a sloppy team takes the field, I would question the decision. If an assignment oriented team that executes well takes the field, then I'm a happy camper.

I would love to see him field a team that is technique and fundamentally sound that is sharp and polished. One that plays a complete game from the start to the finish and plays hard from whistle to whistle. I have said time and time again, that cleaning up the mistakes and miscues (then under Bo) had to be at least another win or two. If Riley, with the same talent Bo had, can get the get the guys to play "assignment oriented and executes well", this might be a really good season.

Even at 20 18+ years old, it is hard for these guys to stay focused for much longer than 90 mins, 2hrs is about the max. They not only have football to worry about, they have these things called classes and that should always be #1 priority. I have a feeling that with shorter practices these guys will respond to the fact that they won't be at practice til late in the evening and will have more energy during practice.

An important thing to remember when teaching something. People tend to remember the first thing an last thing you tell them the most. So...a common way of training is to have more short sessions. That gives you more of the "first" and "last" things that they will remember the most.

I'm not a big fan of extremely long practices or any type of training sessions. So, I view this as a good thing.