Preseason 2016 NFL Draft Prospects.

When looking through our roster, I could see Nebraska getting a minimum of 4 players drafted. Here are my picks of possibilities. Who do you see? Of course this is early, but its the off season and there isn't much to talk about, in the football world.

Alex Lewis

Jonathan Rose

Daniel Davie (if he stays healthy all year and plays the way he has been)

Jack Gangwish (agree to disagree)

Imani Cross- I think someone will pick this kid up in the 7-8th round as a situational RB.

Givens Price- could be a possibility, especially with his youth, as a Senior. Long shot, but if he has a Senior year like hes talked about having, it could happen.

Collins and Valentine could also be in this group, but I don't see either of them leaving early, even with a great year.

• Fire 2

When looking through our roster, I could see Nebraska getting a minimum of 4 players drafted. Here are my picks of possibilities. Who do you see? Of course this is early, but its the off season and there isn't much to talk about, in the football world.

Alex Lewis

Jonathan Rose

Daniel Davie (if he stays healthy all year and plays the way he has been)

Jack Gangwish (agree to disagree)

Imani Cross- I think someone will pick this kid up in the 7-8th round as a situational RB.

Givens Price- could be a possibility, especially with his youth, as a Senior. Long shot, but if he has a Senior year like hes talked about having, it could happen.

Collins and Valentine could also be in this group, but I don't see either of them leaving early, even with a great year.

Respect your opinions, but here are my thoughts:

Alex Lewis: Probably will be, had a lot of mental mistakes but he protected TA's blind side really well. Coaches/Big10 thought he was good too. Will be drafted, imo.

J-Rose: He has the "look" but that is it, he hasn't played much at all and when he has he hasn't preformed real well. Unless he plays at a whole new level I don't see this, unless it's on measurables/combine numbers. I could see him getting a FA deal.

Daniel Davie: Much better chance then J-Rose to this point, he's a physical corner who has good size. I really expect him to preform well. I could see him going late rounds.

Jack Gangwish: Laughable right now. I'm rooting 110% for this kid, he's the perfect representation of what small-town Neb kids are and gives his all to the program. But for him to be considered drafted right now is craziness.

Cross: Don't see him getting drafted as I don't see him being a large part of the offense. I would like to see him at FB in the NFL, I think he could find a role there for a team. But that would involve him switching to FB for a season here.

Price: Havn't seen anything that tells me he would. Very young like you said, still solidifying a position. Maybe with a good year, I think FA deal is better possibility.

How about Chongo Kondolo? He'd be in the Top 3 for me at this point (Lewis, Davie, Kondolo). According to reports he has the second best spring on the Oline (behind Lewis) and had a pretty good year last year.

Also if Leroy is gone and Cockrell gets major minutes maybe he sneaks into the discussion.

How about Chongo Kondolo? He'd be in the Top 3 for me at this point (Lewis, Davie, Kondolo). According to reports he has the second best spring on the Oline (behind Lewis) and had a pretty good year last year.

Also if Leroy is gone and Cockrell gets major minutes maybe he sneaks into the discussion.

I was going to put him down too, but figured getting more than two off the OL was a stretch, and he has just as much of a chance as Price.

I totally forgot about Cockrell. It seems that CB/DB's are going in vast numbers too. I would be satisfied with 4, even more-so with 5 :)

Lewis

Davie

After that it's a collection of guys that need good senior years to have a chance.

Chongo - If he has a good Sr year and how big he really is

Agree 100% here. Good thread btw HuskerNationNick.

On a side note: I think our 2017 draft will be the best in many years.

Lewis has a great shot. I think it's possible we end up with another OL as well - Kondolo possibly.

Possibly Davie if he continues to improve.

Valentine and/or Collins could leave early.

Rose, Cockrell and Gangwish would have to show major improvement. I doubt it. No chance for Cross.

Lewis probably for sure.

I put Davie up there as pretty much a guarantee. He's just got to stay healthy but for his size, the kid is pretty fast. It will be hard to ignore the measurables.

Cross probably a late round pick. I think somebody will see him as a good 3rd down option in the NFL.

Cockrell and Rose need to do something this year or I don't think they'll end up on anybody's radar.

Gangwish is in the same boat. I hope he has a huge year.

Price and Sterup seems like a reach to me, I hope I'm wrong. Neither has demonstrated they are remotely prepared for that level of football. Just my opinion of course.

Good thread Nick, better than talking about the forecast of a date four months from now.