Brion Carnes and Bo's Doghouse

I don't fault players for thinking they should be getting more playing time. Anyone who is a competitor should think they should get a shot. But I take claims of players being in the doghouse, not getting a fair shot, etc. with a boatload of salt. It's usually pretty obvious who should be playing when you see everyone in practice every day.

• Fire 3

The opportunities to claim you've been wronged go way down when you have more eyes holding you accountable. I too take claims that players aren't getting a fair shot worth a grain of salt. Coaches get paid millions of dollars to find the best 22 players they can and put them on the field. Say what you will about Bo's professionalism, but if Brion Carnes was the best QB on our roster he would've been playing.

• Fire 3

I blame the fans and the media for this whole "doghouse" rumor to begin with.

Just like I blame the fans and media for just about everything else really. Now we have a player claiming truth to the "doghouse" rumors saying he doesn't believe he got a fair shot?

I call BS, I mean, what would he know about it?

Fans, media, and now even players questioning Pelini's methods. Why is the whole world just out to get this guy?

I guarantee the best players played all the time. If you messed up in practice, school, or disrespected Bo in some way, I'm sure he was very forgiving and approached you with a calm cool manner just the same as he did before. If anything Bo Pelini was not known as an angry man who holds grudges or loses his head.

That staff was known for developing depth and getting backup players experience. Especally at QB, this staff was known for developing and playing backups. I mean they wanted to develop Martinez so badly that they even marched him out there injured multiple times. If Brion never got playing time, it was his own fault. I'm sure the last staff did everything they could.

backyard-ideas-dog-house-decoration-5.jp

• Fire 2

Nothing surprising here. Bo was a joke for a coach and there's a reason he's coaching in the FCS now. Even Frazier didn't feel Carnes was getting a fair shot. I think with the proper coaching, obviously having the opportunity and the right players around him Carnes could have been a good QB for us.

The "I still love Nebraska" quote from Carnes shows he's 100 times classier than his former coach will ever be. Best of luck to him in his future.