I wanted to reach out to the board see if you guys had any ideas or suggestions on how to get single game tailgate sports within 20 minutes of the stadium. South of O street is alright. I'm not a huge tailgater, but in spirit of the start of a new era for the Huskers, I thought it might be nice to get together a group 15 or so friends and family to grill up some brats and burgers throw back a few brewskies. What are the going rules for open container in private lots? I definitely don't need the hottest lot in Lincoln, but just something close enough we can walk to and from the game. Can you guys recommend any lots? What is the premium for a single non conference game spot? TIA

Parking across the bridge to the North of the stadium runs $5-$20 per car. You can find people selling spots in their yards. Some allow indoor bathroom access. You could probably find someone that would let you grill. As long as booze/beer is in a red solo cup, and you are not being belligerent, you are perfectly fine in private lots/yards.

Red cups and Koozies walking down streets is at your own risk. I've done it, but I usually get rid of it before a large intersection. The police are usually pretty sporadic and as long as you are being semi-covert, it is probably safe. I'd get rid of anything directly around the stadium or in the downtown area. Then again, I have seen many people with a koozie drinking around the stadium pre-game. There are so many people, it's easy to blend in.

I have also seen plenty of people carrying around cases of unopened beer or wheeling large coolers no problem, literally right outside the stadium.

Parking across the bridge to the North of the stadium runs $5-$20 per car. You can find people selling spots in their yards. Some allow indoor bathroom access. You could probably find someone that would let you grill. As long as booze/beer is in a red solo cup, and you are not being belligerent, you are perfectly fine in private lots/yards.

Red cups and Koozies walking down streets is at your own risk. I've done it, but I usually get rid of it before a large intersection. The police are usually pretty sporadic and as long as you are being semi-covert, it is probably safe. I'd get rid of anything directly around the stadium or in the downtown area. Then again, I have seen many people with a koozie drinking around the stadium pre-game. There are so many people, it's easy to blend in.

I have also seen plenty of people carrying around cases of unopened beer or wheeling large coolers no problem, literally right outside the stadium.

Bradr, thanks for the insight. I assume you are talking about the North Bottoms neighborhood. I do remember in the past, folk selling parking spots in and around the homes for folk attending the game. My only concern would be that it would be pretty young crowd. I'm still under 30, but have a young'n and am slightly concerned with a rowdier college crowd. Believe me, I was hanging out in that neighborhood when I went UNL, years back. My only other concern is that the north bottoms is typically the exact opposite of where I myself, along with friends and family would typically park for free on game days. We typically park south of the Haymarket.

Do you have any other suggestions on tailgate spot. I definitely keep the North Bottoms in the back pocket, but would prefer something a little closer to the Haymarket. Do you have any experience tailgating at Haymarket park or any of the private lots downtown?

I wanted to reach out to the board see if you guys had any ideas or suggestions on how to get single game tailgate sports within 20 minutes of the stadium. South of O street is alright. I'm not a huge tailgater, but in spirit of the start of a new era for the Huskers, I thought it might be nice to get together a group 15 or so friends and family to grill up some brats and burgers throw back a few brewskies. What are the going rules for open container in private lots? I definitely don't need the hottest lot in Lincoln, but just something close enough we can walk to and from the game. Can you guys recommend any lots? What is the premium for a single non conference game spot? TIA

We are in lot 21 north east corner of haymarket softball.. It is a donor lot but after a certain time they sell spaces for $25.00 a vehicle.

We are in lot 21 north east corner of haymarket softball.. It is a donor lot but after a certain time they sell spaces for $25.00 a vehicle.

Can you speak into the crowd that typically fills this lot? Is it an alumni crowd? I'll be attending with my wife, kid, parents, in-laws etc. I've been working overseas for the past two years watching games via slingbox, and can't wait to return to Lincoln to feel the atmosphere. What the story with beer? Is a group of adults drinking from koozys or solo cups enough to warrant a visit from a hyper vigilant cop or does the LPD typically, let the non-rowdy crowd enjoy their game day festivities? What is the access to porta-potties? How early do you have to arrive for an afternoon or evening game to get a parking spot or two? TIA

Can you speak into the crowd that typically fills this lot? Is it an alumni crowd? I'll be attending with my wife, kid, parents, in-laws etc. I've been working overseas for the past two years watching games via slingbox, and can't wait to return to Lincoln to feel the atmosphere. What the story with beer? Is a group of adults drinking from koozys or solo cups enough to warrant a visit from a hyper vigilant cop or does the LPD typically, let the non-rowdy crowd enjoy their game day festivities? What is the access to porta-potties? How early do you have to arrive for an afternoon or evening game to get a parking spot or two? TIA

We were transplanted there 3 years back from lot 19 (by pedestrian overpass) and we have never had any issues at all. Red solo cups are the preferred method of delivery for our adult beverages. We see officers drive by but have never had an issue, as long as you are not stumble down drunk your okay.. bathrooms are the facilities at Haymarket park which is a quick walk. Not sure how they determine selling spots, its listed as a donor lot and you need your pass but at some point I know they start selling spaces..