Hidden Gems: Greatest Runs in Husker History ...

... that only Husker fans know about.

We've all seen The Run a thousand times. And The Scramble, Martinez's awesome scramble against Wiscy in the CCG. But there are a lot of hidden gems—that is, great runs from scrimmage that only die hard Husker fans would know about. (Or be interested in. lol)

Here's my nomination. Two actually.

<<**WARNING: NSFW mildly offensive language in the soundtrack.**>>

Both plays I want to point out are LP runs, and can be seen in the YouTube above.

1) LP vs. Florida in the '95 OB. They show this play twice: at the 2:28 point, and again at the 2:50 point from a different angle.

2) LP shreds Nick Saban: First play in this video. LP shreds Sparty defense for a 50 yd TD. LP scored four TDs that day. 50-10 final score. Nick Saban's worst defeat ever.

• Fire 2

Joel Makovicka had some nasty runs. Below the run at 34 seconds and then his monster of a run against Akron at 2:04.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q8alZGTslc

I met Joel a couple years back and the two things that stood out the most was one, he is only about 5'10ish, but two, my goodness he is still jacked, piped arms and barrel chested. The mental approach he and the teams in the 90s took into the game is an aspect I miss seeing across the board. His runs showed how bad he wanted it.

• Fire 1

... that only Husker fans know about.

We've all seen The Run a thousand times. And The Scramble, Martinez's awesome scramble against Wiscy in the CCG. But there are a lot of hidden gems—that is, great runs from scrimmage that only die hard Husker fans would know about. (Or be interested in. lol)

Here's my nomination. Two actually.

<<**WARNING: NSFW mildly offensive language in the soundtrack.**>>

Both plays I want to point out are LP runs, and can be seen in the YouTube above.

1) LP vs. Florida in the '95 OB. They show this play twice: at the 2:28 point, and again at the 2:50 point from a different angle.

2) LP shreds Nick Saban: First play in this video. LP shreds Sparty defense for a 50 yd TD. LP scored four TDs that day. 50-10 final score. Nick Saban's worst defeat ever.

What a fitting song for LP, Smack my B#tch Up?

• Fire 1

For some reason I always remember Ahman Green taking it to the house on our first offensive play against Colorado in 1995.

@ 0:52 in this video but watch the entire thing.

Also, one of my earliest Husker memories was Keith Jones taking it 50 yards to the house on his way to a 248 yard day against Colorado in 1987. He can right us us in the third row behind the end zone in a frozen Folsom Field.

Or perhaps I just like remember times when we kicked the crap out of Ralphie. :lol:

• Fire 1