Deep review of the 2012 Husker recruits

A deep review of the 2012 Husker recruiting class

By Sam McKewon / World-Herald Staff Writer POSTED: WEDNESDAY, MAY 27, 2015 7:00 AM

<snip>

The 2012 recruiting class is NU's first true Big Ten class. And, because of recruiting decisions made in Pelini's first four recruiting classes — the Huskers signed a giant class just months after Pelini arrived and redshirted most of it, creating a giant group of seniors for 2012 — the 2012 recruiting class was distressingly and painfully small. Just 17 scholarship players.

LINK

Sam wanes nostalgic, then looks at each player in the '12 class.

2012 is a solid class. Imagine how great it would've been if Avery Moss and Thomas Brown hadn't goofed up and gotten the boot, and Michael Rose-Ivey hadn't torn his ACL.

• Fire 1

LeRoy Alexander: Redshirted his first season, played in 13 games in 2013 — finishing with 28 tackles — and appeared poised to start in 2014 until he was suspended for the whole year. Pelini never gave a reason. Alexander's parents — the only ones who could offer up that reason — had no comment, either. Alexander is a junior.

Alexander is a guy I had totally forgotten about. He played in every game two years ago and started one, but then had the mysterious suspension. I wonder how good he really is? Does he figure in the mix opposite Gerry?

LeRoy Alexander: Redshirted his first season, played in 13 games in 2013 — finishing with 28 tackles — and appeared poised to start in 2014 until he was suspended for the whole year. Pelini never gave a reason. Alexander's parents — the only ones who could offer up that reason — had no comment, either. Alexander is a junior.

Alexander is a guy I had totally forgotten about. He played in every game two years ago and started one, but then had the mysterious suspension. I wonder how good he really is? Does he figure in the mix opposite Gerry?

I thought he would be but there were rumors a couple weeks ago that he got in trouble again. Likely for the same issue that got him suspended last year. Haven't heard anything further.