Recruiting effort & this staff

I think that's a good summary by Mav above. DE has been a concern for a while. The position is flush with numbers, yes, but almost all of those young guys are as yet unproven and unknown...and they're all from the same Bo recruiting class (or two).

I don't know what types of players they all are either, but I remember Banker talking about how we don't really have that monster edge rusher right now -- something we'll surely need, but probably wasn't as prioritized in Bo's "contain" scheme.

So let's say that class with the 4 DE recruits doesn't yield any all-conference caliber players. Now you have a lot of bodies at the position that's stopped us to at least some extent from recruiting more DEs, and it's a position weakness. So not to be a stargazer too much, but that's why I think we've been anxious to land one really heavy-hitting (possibly JUCO?) edge rusher, something that doesn't seem forthcoming.

So, is the theory on why we haven't gone after many D lineman is because we have had a lot come into the program in the last couple of years and the staff sees bigger needs somewhere else?

Boy, if that's the case, it seems to me that if things don't go right next year, all of a sudden we have nobody at the position.

So, is the theory on why we haven't gone after many D lineman is because we have had a lot come into the program in the last couple of years and the staff sees bigger needs somewhere else?

Boy, if that's the case, it seems to me that if things don't go right next year, all of a sudden we have nobody at the position.

No, I don't think that's it. I'm sure we've gone after a bunch. (I can be sure of that. Right???) We just don't seem to be in on many (any?) top prospects. Other than Fant I guess but that's a lot more of a question mark than you'd hope. Just guessing at why we seem to be lagging so far behind on the lines.

No, I don't think that's it. I'm sure we've gone after a bunch. (I can be sure of that. Right???) We just don't seem to be in on many (any?) top prospects. Other than Fant I guess but that's a lot more of a question mark than you'd hope. Just guessing at why we seem to be lagging so far behind on the lines.

How many DEs do we think they want? What if they land both McDaniel and Fant, two fairly highly rated DEs that seem to have legit interest in DONU, would We all be fine with that result? I understand the potential lack of playmakers at DE currently, but my bigger concern is over the lack of DT prospects. Yeah they took 2 good ones last year, but I feel that position is so important and hard to find legit players for that it should be a top priority to fill each year to keep stocked. I just don't see anything going on with DT prospects and it is mind boggling to me, I have at least seen them get some legit DE interest.

How many DEs do we think they want? What if they land both McDaniel and Fant, two fairly highly rated DEs that seem to have legit interest in DONU, would We all be fine with that result? I understand the potential lack of playmakers at DE currently, but my bigger concern is over the lack of DT prospects. Yeah they took 2 good ones last year, but I feel that position is so important and hard to find legit players for that it should be a top priority to fill each year to keep stocked. I just don't see anything going on with DT prospects and it is mind boggling to me, I have at least seen them get some legit DE interest.

I think we take at least two of each and would definitely take a third if it was someone we really wanted. Fant and McDaniel would be a pretty good pair but I can't get a read on Fant and I think McDaniel is looking elsewhere.

I don't think DT is as bad of a need because I think the Davis twins can lock those spots down for a few years. Still need to stockpile as much as possible though. We don't seem to have a lot of traction at either spot at the moment.

I don't think we can write off Newell right now. He's only going to be a RS Soph. His offer list was basically a who's who of CFB teams (UGA, MSU, OU, S Car, USC, etc)

We are all really high on the Davis twins this year, but that's because they are the "latest and greatest" additions. Newell (.8882) and the Davis twins were basically rated the same on 247 composite (Carlos .8891, Khalil .8730).

Newell is a redshirt Freshman this year.

• Fire 2

I don't think we can write off Newell right now. He's only going to be a RS Soph. His offer list was basically a who's who of CFB teams (UGA, MSU, OU, S Car, USC, etc)

We are all really high on the Davis twins this year, but that's because they are the "latest and greatest" additions. Newell (.8882) and the Davis twins were basically rated the same on 247 composite (Carlos .8891, Khalil .8730).

Newell is a redshirt Freshman this year.

Thanks for the correction.

Even better news that he is only a RS Fr. I'm still expecting him to become a rotational player. Maybe not this year, but hopefully in 2016 and beyond.