Recruiting effort & this staff

In the larger picture, it could be another year or two before Riley and staff can reasonably be expected to land major recruits. it will take them some time to develop the relationships that seem to drive the decision for a lot of the upper tier kids. Not that he didn't try at Oregon State, but the facilities and lack of tradition killed any chance there. it will be easier at NU - kids won't immediately close the door.

In the larger picture, it could be another year or two before Riley and staff can reasonably be expected to land major recruits. it will take them some time to develop the relationships that seem to drive the decision for a lot of the upper tier kids. Not that he didn't try at Oregon State, but the facilities and lack of tradition killed any chance there. it will be easier at NU - kids won't immediately close the door.

So it's easier than Oregon St. That doesn't mean Riley can get it done. And while his efforts to keep the 2015 class intact should be applauded, it's not enough. He and his staff were supposed to be an immediate upgrade on everything that Bo an Company wasn't. And with regards to recruiting, he is just the same. Maybe even worse considering people painted the Pelini recruiting efforts as lazy. Riley and his group are far from lazy but not getting better results for the effort.

And Riley has connections. It's not like he is a first time head coach.

2 Big Red Weekends in 2 consecutive weeks and he got one commit from one local player. Pretty underwhelming, imo.

I don't think so, but does that really matter? Dismuke did visit back in March -- months ago -- and didn't commit right away. Why place that same expectation on all the BRW visitors? If they aren't already on the *reported* commit list, it's not as if they are no longer being recruited, or that we're out of the picture.

Some recruits visit and commit right away. Clearly that's not the case for all, or even most, I'd venture.

If you want to talk about early recruiting results, why not take a look back at how it went when the summer is over? First, their efforts are ongoing: the national satellite camp tour is just getting started, and I'm sure a lot of that will be laying groundwork with prospects for far off in the future. Second, whether someone commits in May, June, or July -- does it matter? They will still be summer commits in the end.

I don't think so, but does that really matter? Dismuke did visit back in March -- months ago -- and didn't commit right away. Why place that same expectation on all the BRW visitors? If they aren't already on the *reported* commit list, it's not as if they are no longer being recruited, or that we're out of the picture.

Some recruits visit and commit right away. Clearly that's not the case for all, or even most, I'd venture.

If you want to talk about early recruiting results, why not take a look back at how it went when the summer is over? First, their efforts are ongoing: the national satellite camp tour is just getting started, and I'm sure a lot of that will be laying groundwork with prospects for far off in the future. Second, whether someone commits in May, June, or July -- does it matter? They will still be summer commits in the end.

It kind of does matter when I am speaking specifically about BRW.

It kind of does matter when I am speaking specifically about BRW.

What if we end up with many of the top guys we had for BRW by August?