Team USA Soccer

zoogs

It's crazy how much of a difference Pulisic makes for this team. Been a fan of Omar Gonzalez this tourney. I think he sometimes gets over shadowed by how good Brooks is at center back.

A Gold Cup title would boost the confidence of the team for sure. Hopefully that happens and it gives us momentum moving forward in WC qualifying.

It's crazy how much of a difference Pulisic makes for this team. Been a fan of Omar Gonzalez this tourney. I think he sometimes gets over shadowed by how good Brooks is at center back.

A Gold Cup title would boost the confidence of the team for sure. Hopefully that happens and it gives us momentum moving forward in WC qualifying.

Pulisic is the truth. Gonzalez baffles me at times, sometimes he'll be really good and look like he belongs on the pitch. Other times he looks like he just walked onto the pitch for the first time in his life.

Unbeaten so far under Bruce Arena. 13 match-unbeaten streak.

Should have beaten Mexico too and someone else we had a close tie against but I can't remember the country. Really impressed with the US soccer team right now. If we win the gold cup and only lose one more in WC qualifying I would say Arena might be here to stay.

Unbeaten so far under Bruce Arena. 13 match-unbeaten streak.

Should have beaten Mexico too and someone else we had a close tie against but I can't remember the country. Really impressed with the US soccer team right now. If we win the gold cup and only lose one more in WC qualifying I would say Arena might be here to stay.

Yeah, we'll see how we fare when we come up against European team. A friend of mine thinks (and I tend to agree) that the style of play under the USMNT allowed us to be competitive with the European teams, but we struggled against our counterparts in CONCACAF and CONMEBOL, something that's needed for World Cup success but bad in World Cup qualifying.

I think Arena has inherited a side that is more talented than the previous national team he coached. Hopefully he can leverage that into a successful World Cup.

What I'd hate to see is the movement away from players who play in the European leagues (EPL, Bundesliga) towards a focus on just players who play in the MLS. Getting players to play in Europe was a big focus under Jurgen and I think is needed if the US game is going to grow. At the same time, we need to have a strong relationship with our domestic league, despite its lower-tier status.

• Fire 2

We'll play Jamaica for the championship. Didn't get to see the second half of their game against Mexico but I'm happy to get them. From what I've seen from the 2 1/2 games they've played is...

-Best goalie in the tournament by far and has carried the team through the elimination rounds.

-Horrible back line play that should give us plenty of opportunities to get open shots.

-Pretty good shooting. I think overall Jamaica is a pretty similar team to our own. Could end up being a high scoring game or a low scoring one where both goalies have 8+ saves.