Team USA Soccer

zoogs

• 3 weeks later...

It sucks that John Brooks will probably miss the rest of the hex. Omar looked ok at times in the Gold Cup but he's a right sided CB same as Cameron. They could both start, it'd just be a bit lop sided. Hedges looked real shaky at the Gold Cup. Can Ream or Besler be trusted? Any opinions as to the US's best option for the upcoming qualifiers?

• 2 weeks later...

Cameron is good for at least one stupid arse pass a game that sets up a shot on goal.  I wish we would stop letting him bring out the ball and think Howard or any US goalie would notice this.  You could literally create a 10 minute hilight reel for other teams thanks to Cameron giving up the ball in the US half of the field.  Our defense really isnt very good and the youngsters coming up really arent good.

The way we're playing, though, getting three points from Panama is going to be a tall order. I don't know why, but we've looked sloppy and tentative out there the past couple of games--the way we looked before Arena took over. 

I'm thinking it may be better for us to not make the World Cup and redouble our efforts/fix our issues during the downtime. It would be better than being boatraced out of Russia. 

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

The way we're playing, though, getting three points from Panama is going to be a tall order. I don't know why, but we've looked sloppy and tentative out there the past couple of games--the way we looked before Arena took over. 

I'm thinking it may be better for us to not make the World Cup and redouble our efforts/fix our issues during the downtime. It would be better than being boatraced out of Russia. 

The US needs to make the World Cup. The bump in interest helps out the MLS and you throw a young star like Pulisic on national TV and there undoubtedly will be kids that want to be like him. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...