TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Just now, Mavric said:

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

Agree and I think he will end up at LB. He was a .95 guy and they only dropped him to .92 because of the TE designation. Dont know the last time we had a .95 caliber TE.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

IMO, at TE, he's an all-conference type of talent. At LB, he's a first round draft pick talent. 

• 1 month later...

Jurgens checked in at No. 123 nationally, which was 10 spots down from his previous ranking. He's the highest-ranked recruit from the state of Nebraska since 247Sports began ranking prospects in the 2010 class. He's also the No. 6 tight end nationally.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/recruiting/husker-signee-cameron-jurgens-is-state-s-highest-ranked-recruit/article_e77367d4-fc78-11e7-9b4e-b38aaeb97b2b.html

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...

10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With Rafdal and allen both being freshman- and doing well in practice. Does Jurgens maybe move to his better position of LB? 

He's more of a traditional TE so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Kid is a great blocker which some others on the team may lack at in comparison 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Saw that. Good for him for the wins. Great that he is saying is essentially full go now since he reports to Lincoln on the 22nd.

I don't see how this is "full go". Him mom said after yesterday he'd have you stay off his leg for a couple days and ice. 

I get why he's doing what he's doing, but there is a real chance of reinjury. 

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I don't see how this is "full go". Him mom said after yesterday he'd have you stay off his leg for a couple days and ice. 

I get why he's doing what he's doing, but there is a real chance of reinjury. 

I did not hear the comments from his mom. That obviously is not ideal, and he may be less ready than he says.