Jump to content
Mavric

TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think Ruud has exhausted his eligibility 

 

That got a legit LOL from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caveman99 said:

I don’t see anything, was a tweet posted that got removed?

 

That's weird.  It was a tweet from Sean Callahan saying Beatrice was saying that Jurgens would sign with Nebraska at noon on Wednesday.  Callahan appears to have deleted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

That's weird.  It was a tweet from Sean Callahan saying Beatrice was saying that Jurgens would sign with Nebraska at noon on Wednesday.  Callahan appears to have deleted it.

 

And so it begins.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

 

That's weird.  It was a tweet from Sean Callahan saying Beatrice was saying that Jurgens would sign with Nebraska at noon on Wednesday.  Callahan appears to have deleted it.

Gosh I don’t trust anything that comes from that Rivals site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, Huskers44 said:

Gosh I don’t trust anything that comes from that Rivals site. 

I'm starting to notice that also, some of the information that they post makes me scratch my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

I'm starting to notice that also, some of the information that they post makes me scratch my head. 

 

It's like a repository for the worst, least trustful Husker beat writers. Between Clouse and Callahan, it's like a dumpster fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's like a repository for the worst, least trustful Husker beat writers. Between Clouse and Callahan, it's like a dumpster fire. 

 

I think they do a pretty good job.  They cover a lot of ground and do a good job checking with recruits.  I really don't have any problem with Callahan - I think he usually has good info.  Really the only issue I have with Clouse is he hasn't seemed to be as good at reading between the lines as I think he should - he seems to think a lot of guys are more interested in Nebraska than they actually are.  But other than that I think he does a good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

 

I think they do a pretty good job.  They cover a lot of ground and do a good job checking with recruits.  I really don't have any problem with Callahan - I think he usually has good info.  Really the only issue I have with Clouse is he hasn't seemed to be as good at reading between the lines as I think he should - he seems to think a lot of guys are more interested in Nebraska than they actually are.  But other than that I think he does a good job.

 

To each their own; I prefer the 247 and HV writers to what RSS puts out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

To each their own; I prefer the 247 and HV writers to what RSS puts out. 

 

I don't know that I could say that one or the other is better.  I don't read much HV stuff.  Between HOL and 247 it seems to me like HOL covers more ground.  But I get a lot of it off Twitter so maybe they are just more active there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, Huskers44 said:

Gosh I don’t trust anything that comes from that Rivals site. 

Its cause ScottyIce aka MattyIce is the guy that runs it.  He's about as reliable as a spoon in a rocket launcher fight.  Just go read the Darney Holmes thread from last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stumpy1 said:

Its cause ScottyIce aka MattyIce is the guy that runs it.  He's about as reliable as a spoon in a rocket launcher fight.  Just go read the Darney Holmes thread from last year. 

Spoon wins in this fight.  Write it down as a STONE COLD LOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Its cause ScottyIce aka MattyIce is the guy that runs it.  He's about as reliable as a spoon in a rocket launcher fight.  Just go read the Darney Holmes thread from last year. 

AWW CUTE! You remembered me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mavric said:

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

Agree and I think he will end up at LB. He was a .95 guy and they only dropped him to .92 because of the TE designation. Dont know the last time we had a .95 caliber TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

 

IMO, at TE, he's an all-conference type of talent. At LB, he's a first round draft pick talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Jurgens checked in at No. 123 nationally, which was 10 spots down from his previous ranking. He's the highest-ranked recruit from the state of Nebraska since 247Sports began ranking prospects in the 2010 class. He's also the No. 6 tight end nationally.

 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/recruiting/husker-signee-cameron-jurgens-is-state-s-highest-ranked-recruit/article_e77367d4-fc78-11e7-9b4e-b38aaeb97b2b.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like he is still recovering from his injury and will probably not be able to defend his shot & disc state championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With Rafdal and allen both being freshman- and doing well in practice. Does Jurgens maybe move to his better position of LB? 

 

I would love it, but Frost loves him at TE in this offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With Rafdal and allen both being freshman- and doing well in practice. Does Jurgens maybe move to his better position of LB? 


He's more of a traditional TE so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Kid is a great blocker which some others on the team may lack at in comparison 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×