Mavric

TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think Ruud has exhausted his eligibility 

That got a legit LOL from me.

2 hours ago, caveman99 said:

I don’t see anything, was a tweet posted that got removed?

That's weird.  It was a tweet from Sean Callahan saying Beatrice was saying that Jurgens would sign with Nebraska at noon on Wednesday.  Callahan appears to have deleted it.

14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's weird.  It was a tweet from Sean Callahan saying Beatrice was saying that Jurgens would sign with Nebraska at noon on Wednesday.  Callahan appears to have deleted it.

And so it begins.........

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Gosh I don’t trust anything that comes from that Rivals site. 

On 12/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, Huskers44 said:

I'm starting to notice that also, some of the information that they post makes me scratch my head. 

10 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

I'm starting to notice that also, some of the information that they post makes me scratch my head. 

It's like a repository for the worst, least trustful Husker beat writers. Between Clouse and Callahan, it's like a dumpster fire. 

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's like a repository for the worst, least trustful Husker beat writers. Between Clouse and Callahan, it's like a dumpster fire. 

I think they do a pretty good job.  They cover a lot of ground and do a good job checking with recruits.  I really don't have any problem with Callahan - I think he usually has good info.  Really the only issue I have with Clouse is he hasn't seemed to be as good at reading between the lines as I think he should - he seems to think a lot of guys are more interested in Nebraska than they actually are.  But other than that I think he does a good job.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I think they do a pretty good job.  They cover a lot of ground and do a good job checking with recruits.  I really don't have any problem with Callahan - I think he usually has good info.  Really the only issue I have with Clouse is he hasn't seemed to be as good at reading between the lines as I think he should - he seems to think a lot of guys are more interested in Nebraska than they actually are.  But other than that I think he does a good job.

To each their own; I prefer the 247 and HV writers to what RSS puts out. 

15 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

To each their own; I prefer the 247 and HV writers to what RSS puts out. 

I don't know that I could say that one or the other is better.  I don't read much HV stuff.  Between HOL and 247 it seems to me like HOL covers more ground.  But I get a lot of it off Twitter so maybe they are just more active there.

On 12/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, Huskers44 said:

Its cause ScottyIce aka MattyIce is the guy that runs it.  He's about as reliable as a spoon in a rocket launcher fight.  Just go read the Darney Holmes thread from last year. 

Just now, Stumpy1 said:

Its cause ScottyIce aka MattyIce is the guy that runs it.  He's about as reliable as a spoon in a rocket launcher fight.  Just go read the Darney Holmes thread from last year. 

Spoon wins in this fight.  Write it down as a STONE COLD LOCK

15 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

AWW CUTE! You remembered me!

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

Just now, Mavric said:

FWIW, I've thought for quite awhile that he'd be better at LB.  Pretty much all the recruiting guys said that.  I do think he would have been a better TE in a Riley offense than in a Frost offense so now I'm REALLY hoping he ends up on defense.

Agree and I think he will end up at LB. He was a .95 guy and they only dropped him to .92 because of the TE designation. Dont know the last time we had a .95 caliber TE.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

IMO, at TE, he's an all-conference type of talent. At LB, he's a first round draft pick talent. 

Jurgens checked in at No. 123 nationally, which was 10 spots down from his previous ranking. He's the highest-ranked recruit from the state of Nebraska since 247Sports began ranking prospects in the 2010 class. He's also the No. 6 tight end nationally.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/recruiting/husker-signee-cameron-jurgens-is-state-s-highest-ranked-recruit/article_e77367d4-fc78-11e7-9b4e-b38aaeb97b2b.html

Sounds like he is still recovering from his injury and will probably not be able to defend his shot & disc state championships.

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With Rafdal and allen both being freshman- and doing well in practice. Does Jurgens maybe move to his better position of LB? 

I would love it, but Frost loves him at TE in this offense. 

10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

With Rafdal and allen both being freshman- and doing well in practice. Does Jurgens maybe move to his better position of LB? 

He's more of a traditional TE so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Kid is a great blocker which some others on the team may lack at in comparison