***2018 Recruiting***

Just a quick off-the-cuff start for the next year. Not listing too many prospects until I have a better feel for who's interested. More looking at position numbers - 13 Seniors plus oversign by three makes 16 the base but I would guess 18 is likely.

QB - 1 - Colson Yankoff, Tanner McKee

RB - 1 - TJ Pledger, Grahm Roberts

WR - 3-4 - ERIC FULLER, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Cameron Brown

TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS,

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

CB - 1-2 - Brendan Radley-Hiles

S - 1-2 -

I thought I remember a poster saying Mario Goodrich was really interested. Maybe he was talking about a different player from his area but I do know he OV'd here.

Mario has us listed as his leader, and is in our 500 radius. But Mav makes the list, so he has final say.

Yep Mav does have the final say, but I was just wondering if he had missed him or not realized that Mario made it here. He might be waiting for later down the road to get a better look at him as it is early in the process.

Just a little early. Not really a big deal if he's not up there yet. If he has a profile and an offer that's more than fine for now.

Personally I like Eric Fuller as a DB, are we going with him as a WR? Not that it really matters this early as long as we get him here

Also for the list, Woodbey had us in his top 4 so there is another prospect showing pretty high interest. I think we see not only a long list of DBs next year, as Riley mentioned, but really elite players at that position as well. Very excited

Like I said, it was a quick list. I tried to scan through the offers and pick out the guys I knew were interested. I probably missed a few.

As far as DL goes, to me it depends on how everyone transitions. I could see NT recruiting being basically the same as QB and RB - you try to take one each class. But it depends on how many legit NTs we have on the team now. And it wouldn't surprise me if we only take one DE. I think we have some guys who can play there so we can afford to be choosy. But you still have to be careful with it. It depends on where the guys we just signed fit in. As sophomores this year, I really only see the Davis twins being factors on the DL. For RS Frosh, only Stille. We should have three from yesterday but if two of them turn into NTs, we don't have very many DEs in a three-class span. So we might take two.

According to a thing the Scout guys like to look at, they claim you should be able to build a two-deep depth chart every two classes. That would tell us we should take a NT and two DEs each class. Perhaps we'll only take one DE in a small class but two would be better if we can find the guys.

I would sign as many NTs as possible if you can, especially ones that are highly sought after. Some of them could be good enough to slide out and play a DE spot in certain packages. Diaco had multiple guys on the line at ND that were 300+ llbs playing. Had some smaller guys come in also.

Looks like we are in a position of being pretty selective for the DL in 2018. With guys like Trevor Trout and Calvin Avery showing high interest and many other high profile guys that we may have an outside shot at, do we rethink the offer to Masry? I really don't know what to think. I would hate to turn away an instate kid like that, and there is obviously an entire year for this stuff to play out, just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a discussion the coaches have down the road?

Looks like we are in a position of being pretty selective for the DL in 2018. With guys like Trevor Trout and Calvin Avery showing high interest and many other high profile guys that we may have an outside shot at, do we rethink the offer to Masry? I really don't know what to think. I would hate to turn away an instate kid like that, and there is obviously an entire year for this stuff to play out, just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a discussion the coaches have down the road?

As long as only 1 of them is a NT and other two are DE's I think we are fine with taking all 3... I think we do have some work to do though to make that happen. I don't see how we can take more than 3 DL though.

As long as only 1 of them is a NT and other two are DE's I think we are fine with taking all 3... I think we do have some work to do though to make that happen. I don't see how we can take more than 3 DL though.

Very easily, we sign 4.

• Fire 1

I don't think you remove that scholarship. That kid is raw from what I've heard and could be a great candidate by the end. I think in the end you utilize oversigning at the DL position if one of those big name guys wants N. The fact that you have a guy in Masry that is committed right now does relieve some of the pressure of it being a dire need and really allows for us to be selective.