***2018 Recruiting***

Do we have many commits going to the Rivals camp in St. Louis this weekend? I think I heard Bookie is going to try to get a 5 start camp invite on HOL. Jurgens and Mapieu as well. Good chance to get Masry a rating change. Maybe Wildeman would be going too?

Bookie Radley Hiles, Cameron Brown, Masry Mapieu, Cameron Jurgens, and Will Farniok.

• Fire 1

Reportedly whoever McShane tweeted about committing has decided to wait and take a couple visits.

Not sure if it's the same guy but word is there is a defensive commit who is having "production issues" with his announcement that is delaying it.

Reportedly whoever McShane tweeted about committing has decided to wait and take a couple visits.

Not sure if it's the same guy but word is there is a defensive commit who is having "production issues" with his announcement that is delaying it.

So he is trying to make the announcement video good? Hopefully he is rich and can afford the costs.

Saw that this morning too. Not sure either.

Do we have many commits going to the Rivals camp in St. Louis this weekend? I think I heard Bookie is going to try to get a 5 start camp invite on HOL. Jurgens and Mapieu as well. Good chance to get Masry a rating change. Maybe Wildeman would be going too?

Bookie Radley Hiles, Cameron Brown, Masry Mapieu, Cameron Jurgens, and Will Farniok.
Also 2018 Nebraska guys Bryson Williams (Southeast), Zach Schlager (McCook), Moses Bryant (Elkhorn South) and Bryce Stai (Norris) along with 2019 guys Chris Hickman (Burke), Zander Gray (O. North) and Mehki Butler (North).

2018 targets Kamryn Babb, Trevor Trout, Michael Thompson, and Ronnie Perkins will be there along with 2019 guys Kyren Williams, Jalani Williams and Cam Coleman.

No mention of Bookie so perhaps he's not going to make it.

It seems like Mike Riley and the rest of Nebraska's coaches are caught in an extremely rare conundrum..

For the 2018 class, there seems to be a bumper crop of legit, in-state, talent.

So how to balance that with out of state recruiting? :dunno

Not really. I don't see much more instate talent compared to the past. Sure Jurgens in a once in a decade stud, but after that it's very normal.
  • Fire 2

Since someone asked in a different thread. We have had two 4 star DL and two 4 star OL since the 15' class (includes 18' class so far). Technically 1 DL since Davis was already committed. Not even averaging 1 per year for either position since Riley arrived.

-per Rivals