***2018 Recruiting***

Bryson Williams says there is "no longer interest between him and Nebraska"

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-notebook-lincoln-prospect-bryson-williams

“They told me why they aren’t going to end up offering,” Williams said, declining to go into detail. “So interest is gone from them.”

Williams, the No. 49-rated defensive tackle in his class, holds 14 scholarship offers, including from Iowa, Iowa State and Kansas State.

One reason why Nebraska might not be very interested in Williams could be supply and demand: the Huskers took three defensive tackles in their 2017 class and have 3-star DT Masry Mapieu already committed in 2018.

So Williams is shifting his focus to Kansas State and Iowa.

On April 22, Williams made his third visit to Manhattan, Kan., and the trip reinforced why he’s so high on the Wildcats.

“The feeling I get when I’m there, the way the coaches make me feel, the vibe between each player, it’s a good setting,” Williams said.

• Fire 2

(3* DT) Lincoln-prospect Bryson Williams says there

is ‘no longer’ interest between him and Nebraska

For all intents and purposes, the chances of Lincoln (Neb.) Southeast High DT Bryson Williams ending up a Cornhusker seems to be at about zero.

Williams, a 247Sports 3-star defensive tackle and the No. 2 player in Nebraska in 2018, told Land of 10 this week he recently spoke with coach Mike Riley, who told him the Huskers won’t be offering Williams a scholarship.

“They told me why they aren’t going to end up offering,” Williams said, declining to go into detail. “So interest is gone from them.”

Williams, the No. 49-rated defensive tackle in his class, holds 14 scholarship offers, including from Iowa, Iowa State and Kansas State.

LINK

What's up with that??

• Fire 1

We're full at DT.

It just seems sort of early in the process to eliminate options. Especially for someone right in our backyard. Then again, it's not like we really know what the whole story is with this. :dunno:

We need to recruit the BEST we can possibly find at every position and unless we are seriously short at the DT spot, I would think we'd use our very limited scholarship numbers for the BEST athletes we can sign. Nobody would argue we are overloaded in the big boys on the lines, but we want to find 1st stringers, not more 3rd string type guys. Not knowing anything about this Lincoln guy, I can only assume he is rated reasonably accurately. I would encourage the young man to walk on and earn a scholarship in year two, if he makes the three deep chart or something as a red shirt frosh. As a Lincoln kid, walking on is relatively doable financially and family wise - as compared to a player from hundreds or more miles distant.

We need to recruit the BEST we can possibly find at every position and unless we are seriously short at the DT spot, I would think we'd use our very limited scholarship numbers for the BEST athletes we can sign. Nobody would argue we are overloaded in the big boys on the lines, but we want to find 1st stringers, not more 3rd string type guys. Not knowing anything about this Lincoln guy, I can only assume he is rated reasonably accurately. I would encourage the young man to walk on and earn a scholarship in year two, if he makes the three deep chart or something as a red shirt frosh. As a Lincoln kid, walking on is relatively doable financially and family wise - as compared to a player from hundreds or more miles distant.

He has full ride scholarship opportunities to Power 5 teams, he's not walking on.
  • Fire 2