***2018 Recruiting***

N at 11 Commits. HCMR says 18. If things go well the rest of the year. We finish this class with...

Parsons, Tutt, Addison, Hightower, Pledger, Redmond, Goss, and for you recruiting nuts a surprise. Matt Corrall.

This would put us 5th currently at 247.

This would put us 9th in 2017 rankings.

GBR beat Sconsin and it's all a possibility.

1 minute ago, MattyIce said:

N at 11 Commits. HCMR says 18. If things go well the rest of the year. We finish this class with...

Parsons, Tutt, Addison, Hightower, Pledger, Redmond, Goss, and for you recruiting nuts a surprise. Matt Corrall.

I'll have some of what you're drinking! In all reality, I would love to see that all play out. Of course it won't go exactly this way, but I do think the staff is putting together a great class. It will just be interesting to see how the season plays out and if the staff is back next year. That will obviously shake things up a little bit.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Plus over signing which it is clear we need to start doing IMO.Could hit 21, might be a good class to do this in. If HCMR is going to save his job he needs to have a decent end of the season and recruit very well I imagine. 

6 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Think Crocker is the odd man out?

47 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

yeah-im-going-to-need-you-to-put-down-th

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Would you put Goss in that category for the OL?

Frankly I haven't seen, or can't think of a reason we are actually in the running for him at this moment. Unless his bigger offers are non-committable.

I haven't had time/seen enough on him to fully form an opinion but here are my initial thoughts besides what I said above.

I would considerable him a developmental prospect, but wouldn't include him in my previous statement for a couple reasons:

1. Finding a true OT with the needed frame/athleticism seems to be much harder than most other positions, at least for us....we only have 2 currently on the roster and one is starting as a TrFr and the other is a bust Sr that the TrFr replaced.

2. If those offers are actually commitable, he's likely much better than he's currently rated. Maybe that's due to him finally settling in a position, I'm not sure. Miami just offered so they must see the potential.

Overall, not sure we have a shot....but due to our immense need for OT's I wouldn't group him in my original statement. 

Thinking we land

Crocker, Carson, Tutt, Crosswell, Cradddieth, Bush, OT, Big Commit(Parosons, hall, or Hightower)

We take Tutt and I think we project him at CB, if not than one of Cradieth or Crosswell with him.

Crocker is important to land, and I wouldn't doubt that Bush solidifies his commitment soon so he has a spot.

We need one more DE end and an OT, might not take Carson if we land Parsons. Unless he gets his spot in we would not turn Parsons away.

I also think we need to get to 20 this class, taking 18 is fine but we have seen lots of guys bail before getting to campus before. 

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Thinking we land

Crocker, Carson, Tutt, Crosswell, Cradddieth, Bush, OT, Big Commit(Parosons, hall, or Hightower)

We take Tutt and I think we project him at CB, if not than one of Cradieth or Crosswell with him.

Crocker is important to land, and I wouldn't doubt that Bush solidifies his commitment soon so he has a spot.

We need one more DE end and an OT, might not take Carson if we land Parsons. Unless he gets his spot in we would not turn Parsons away.

I also think we need to get to 20 this class, taking 18 is fine but we have seen lots of guys bail before getting to campus before. 

Thoughts?

Carson is going to be a tough pull. OU and Texas seem like they are heavily involved and he's made it very clear that they are right up there as favorites if not above us.