***2018 Recruiting***

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree with your initial viewpoint. If Bounds was thinking Riley would still be here he would leave him to do his thing. Why meddle. But if he is thinking Riley "May" not be here its a good idea to have Riley and staff present with the recruits to break the ice and help him build a relationship with some of these guys and their parents. He is simply hedging his bet. 

Perhaps Bounds was there, to show recruits (ones that are already committed STRONGLY to HCMR and the Williamses') that this coaching staff is safe. Feel secure with your commitment because this staff gets another year.

So, it never made sense not to go after a RB this class but it’s even more questionable with how this season has progressed.

I’m not sure that Bryant will ever be able to play a full season again. Maybe taking several months off from football and lifting will help get his knee right, but our staff needs to prepare as if that’s not the case. After ‘18, we lose Ozigbo, Wilbon, and possibly Bryant and that would leave a junior Bradley and, I assume, a true freshman as the only scholarship backs heading into the ‘19 season. That would be beyond terrible roster balance and management.

30 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

So, it never made sense not to go after a RB this class but it’s even more questionable with how this season has progressed.

I’m not sure that Bryant will ever be able to play a full season again. Maybe taking several months off from football and lifting will help get his knee right, but our staff needs to prepare as if that’s not the case. After ‘18, we lose Ozigbo, Wilbon, and possibly Bryant and that would leave a junior Bradley and, I assume, a true freshman as the only scholarship backs heading into the ‘19 season. That would be beyond terrible roster balance and management.

Especially knowing they knew of this knee issue. Riley mentioned it was like this in high school. He just has an old knee he said. So this isnt a surprise.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

Only some of the coaches will be at practice tomorrow as the rest will be out on the road getting a jump on recruiting for the weekend.

AKA working on their resumes  JK!  (kind of)

Only ways he can save his job is killing it with a few recruits and  winning the games that got Bo fired.  

Going to be an interesting finish to the season.  Husker football has not been good as of late, but it sure hasn't been boring.