***2018 Recruiting***

If Frost comes does he have any familiarity with Terry Wilson who flipped from Nebraska to Oregon or was Frost gone at that point?

Just looked up that he's at a Oklahoma JUCO and Indiana is interested. Thought maybe he would be a interesting guy to watch being a dual threat and previously having interest in Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, huskerguy said:

If Frost comes does he have any familiarity with Terry Wilson who flipped from Nebraska to Oregon or was Frost gone at that point?

Just looked up that he's at a Oklahoma JUCO and Indiana is interested. Thought maybe he would be a interesting guy to watch being a dual threat and previously having interest in Nebraska.

That would be interesting.  Bring in Wilson as a JUCO and go after Max Duggan from LC.  Would be a full circle of life for Wilson being a one time Nebraska commit.

As much as I want Riley gone, I also am aware of the significant hit it would take on recruiting. I've read and heard several places that if Riley and, in particular, Donte Williams are fired, it could potentially destroy all the connections and inroads we have made with California, particularly Southern California. Black kids especially love Donte Williams, from what I've heard. If there was potentially a way to fire Riley but keep both of the Williamses, I think we would be all right. 

california is not the only place to recruit. Florida and Texas are equal or better than cali. Frost for example would probably greatly increase our ability to recruit Florida. Also because of his time at Oregon I am sure he recruits California just fine. Riley is not the only coach with California connections. 

The results on the field must warrant keeping Riley. To get to where we want to be the coach must recruit and be able to coach. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

i think frost's familiarity with the university and culture would keep most of the class together. if we hire somebody like riley again, the class will probably fall apart.

the class is pretty small right now anyways, so not like there's a ton of players to lose.

My hope is that if Nebraska does fire Riley and the staff, that whoever the new coach is (most likely Frost) would be smart enough to keep Keith and Donte Williams on as part of the new staff. There's no downside in keeping those 2. It would benefit us in keeping our best recruiting connections and top recruits now and in the future. And then we can really see if they are just good recruiters or if they can actually develop top talent and take those kids to the next level of their game. 

Plus the new coach can always fire them in the future if things don't work out... Can someone just wake me up when it's December? This season is killing me

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

My hope is that if Nebraska does fire Riley and the staff, that whoever the new coach is (most likely Frost) would be smart enough to keep Keith and Donte Williams on as part of the new staff. There's no downside in keeping those 2. It would benefit us in keeping our best recruiting connections and top recruits now and in the future. And then we can really see if they are just good recruiters or if they can actually develop top talent and take those kids to the next level of their game. 

Plus the new coach can always fire them in the future if things don't work out... Can someone just wake me up when it's December? This season is killing me

I don't believe either of the Williams had connections to Riley prior to joining his staff here. I would like to see both Williams and Parella retained - but will understand if the new coach wants to bring in his guys as well. 

3 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I don't have premium access, but wonder if there's any relation to Stanley. I know different parts of the country, but a non-typical last name I'd think.

Yeah, I was curious about that too.  But I haven't found anything that says they are related.