***2018 Recruiting***

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Does anyone know if either of those 2 ever amounted to anything. IE starters or made it to the league? Significant playing time etc.

Oku played 2 years as a Tenn Vol then transferred to Arkansas St. He is now playing in Europe

Robinson was signed as an un-drafted FA and played 5 seasons in the NFL. He retired this last off-season. In college, he started every game as a soph and jr before going pro.

• Plus1 1
On 10/31/2017 at 9:31 PM, Mavric said:

Yes, I realize that.  The first part was the more relevant part.  The second part was just an interesting footnote.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:20 PM, Stumpy1 said:

They also have 19 commits to our 9.

We actually have 10.  Can't forget the kicker.

Their highest rated player would be #6 in Nebraska's class as it stands today

Oku also doesn't count, at all. He's not from Nebraska - he just moved here his senior year after he started dating (got pregnant?) a girl in Lincoln on a recruiting visit. 

So it's 9 out of 10, with the 10th likely coming here if it wasn't for a coaching change, if I remember correctly.

• Plus1 2

To change directions a little bit. I think there has been a good amount of talent that was not rated a 4 star or not in the top 250 but turned out to be great players that slipped through our fingers. If my memory serves me right Iowa has done a good job of recognizing talent in Nebraska better than we have. Didnt they have all all conference O-Lineman a few years back from Nebraska and obviously Fant is kicking butt right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Anonymous quotes from several current commits actually sound more likely to stay than I expected (after a coaching change).

A lot can change and will obviously depend on who the new staff is and how quickly they get up and going but there were several that sounded like they were very open to keeping their commitment after Riley is gone.

49 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Anonymous quotes from several current commits actually sound more likely to stay than I expected (after a coaching change).

A lot can change and will obviously depend on who the new staff is and how quickly they get up and going but there were several that sounded like they were very open to keeping their commitment after Riley is gone.

That's what happens when you hire a young "splash" candidate.

• Plus1 1

I think we keep many of our recruits on offense.  Frost is the hottest name on the offensive side of the ball.  Young up and coming coach who will be with us a long time. Why wouldn't these recruits want to play in this offense.  The defensive recruits too...not sure where they stand.  If they are tied to a relationship with a coach I could see that.  But we all know Diaco is not the answer.  If you like the program then there is no better time to come in.  Frost is going to start fresh so if you can play good news for you.  

After watching more of this defense, if I am looking at NU I have to be saying OK I am going to hear what the new coaches are going to say about defense.  It's a combination people...it's bad coaching but we don't have really any talented players on defense.  I like Kalu and that's about it.  Freedom and the Davis twins should have been more of monsters right now and they are useless.  LB's are slow.  The secondary it's a mess.  Bookie come on back...starter from Day 1.  At least the offense under Riley has shown flashes at times.  What has the defense ever done under Riley and whoever has been his coaches.   

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

At this point I’d be more concerned if they still wanted to play for Riley.  :lol:

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Where did you see this? Any link to share?