***2018 Recruiting***

16 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

It sounds like our staff pressured Bookie into committing before he was truly ready. I honestly don’t think it was the worst thing, his commitment helped us secure a number of visits and commits that we may not have otherwise had. But yeah, I think he had been second guessing it before summer.

Obviously it doesn’t matter as much now, since the season went poorly and we had to fire our coach. But it really helped get rid of some of that “it’s all corn!” perception by getting big name recruits on campus who got to soak in all of the incredible environment. I don’t think our chances with him are over yet though.

I always thought that and was surprised he committed. He had a date set and and bumped it up considerably by committing in the spring.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, BoSolich said:

frost has his work cut out for him, but i don't think he'd take this job unless he believed he could be successful here. it will be very interesting to see how this class ends up.

It will likely end up in the 30-40 range in rankings unless the new coach has a few aces he can pull in.  Still don't see it as Top 25 this year.

10 Potential New Husker Staff Targets per Rivals

We should definitely look (IMO):

ATH La'Darius Jefferson - :star:star:star - Former UCF commit and on-time teammate of current Husker Andrew Ward

DT Michael Thompson - :star:star:star:star - If there's any chance.....

QB Kaleb Eleby - :star:star:star - Supposedly Frost was looking at him early in this cycle.  Current Western Michigan commit

RB Johnny Adams - :star:star:star - Not the highest on my list but we don't have a RB in this class

CB Devin Haney - :star:star:star - 6-2 CB just down the road?  Sign me up. Current Northern Illinois commit.

WR Kory Taylor - :star:star:star - 6-5 WR?  Worth a shot.

Not that interested (IMO):

DE Zach Petersen - :star:star:star - Not all that interested but our options may be limited.

Long shots (IMO):

S Dallas Craddieth - :star:star:star - Would be nice but I think we missed our chance

WR Kamryn Babb - :star:star:star:star - OSU bound (unless they balk because of his injury)

DE John Waggoner - :star:star:star:star - Seemingly Iowa bound

We are (I'm guessing) 3 days away from following recruiting being fun again. 

This is going to be really interesting to see the emphasis Frost puts on Recruiting and how big of a part that plays in who he hires as assistants.

I expect two weeks to be a frenzy of activity.  Like I said about a month ago.  The month or two after the season ends is going to be way more interesting than the last month of the season as a Husker fan.

Edited by BigRedBuster

Major bummer. This class might not end up being very good, but it doesn’t have to be devastating. We need to heavily target some JUCOs these next couple cycles though otherwise we will feel the hit of a bad class. We could use a JUCO OT, OLB, and DB at the very least. Need Avery Roberts and Willie Hampton to be ready to go - I’ll feel much better about ILB if they are. Getting Domann back will also be a difference maker.

Still hopeful that Frost can reasonably salvage this though.