***2018 Recruiting***

So I'm not at all discounting what Frost said - and has been reported by others - that it was a really tough decision and he didn't really decide for sure until a week ago or so.

But it's obvious from the recruiting front that they've been doing their homework for some time on what Nebraska needs - especially as it pertains to their system - and who would be candidates to go after.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So I'm not at all discounting what Frost said - and has been reported by others - that it was a really tough decision and he didn't really decide for sure until a week ago or so.

But it's obvious from the recruiting front that they've been doing their homework for some time on what Nebraska needs - especially as it pertains to their system - and who would be candidates to go after.

From what I am seeing we are going after a lot of guys UCF had offered and Frost's staff had a lot of interest.  These candidates likely were more inclined to go to a Power 5 program.  This makes total sense to me if these recruits were wanting to play in Frost's offense but didn't commit to UCF because of wanting to play in a Power 5.  Well that problem is gone!  Frost and staff can compete against any program in the country and with a definite identity for what the offense will be.     

10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Frost and Co have offered 6 JUCO players in 48 hours.  Riley and Co offered 0 in 3 years.

I was just coming here to post something similar. I'm happy to see Frost hitting the JUCOs hard! After some good pulls by Pelini, Riley grossly neglected them.

Between IWCC and the Kansas Jayhawk Conference, we have some top JUCO talent in our backyard that we need to poach! We used to thrive in the Jayhawk: Larry Asante (Coffeyville), Jamarcus Hardrick (Fort Scott), Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Fort Scott), Lavonte Davis (Fort Scott). Currently, SEVEN of the Top-30 JUCO recruits are in the Jayhawk Conference, and one more is at IWCC.

• Plus1 4
53 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Frost and Co have offered 6 JUCO players in 48 hours.  Riley and Co offered 0 in 3 years.

Definitely agree with your points.  But to be fair, they did OFFER several JUCO guys.  Just didn't sign any.  And you can make an argument that they weren't really trying that hard.