***2018 Recruiting***

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Definitely agree with your points.  But to be fair, they did OFFER several JUCO guys.  Just didn't sign any.  And you can make an argument that they weren't really trying that hard.

Yeah.  I was exaggerating.  There is a difference between a focus and an afterthought.  I know which one I prefer.  Especially when there are glaring deficiencies in some areas of the team

I would have to say for me personally. I feel like recruiting is more exciting because I feel like we have a system and our guys know how to recruit to that system. I think it is also fun from the stand point that our coaches can "coach up" talent. It felt like under Riley we felt like we "had" to have this guy and that guy or we would not be good. Our worth was more tied up in needing elite talent to be good, where I think Frost will be able to get elite talent but he will also be able to make other kids better. So its not so much boom or bust with recruiting.

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would have to say for me personally. I feel like recruiting is more exciting because I feel like we have a system and our guys know how to recruit to that system. I think it is also fun from the stand point that our coaches can "coach up" talent. It felt like under Riley we felt like we "had" to have this guy and that guy or we would not be good. Our worth was more tied up in needing elite talent to be good, where I think Frost will be able to get elite talent but he will also be able to make other kids better. So its not so much boom or bust with recruiting.

That formula worked here for decades 

• Plus1 5

I have maintained we are lacking in talent while so many on this board argue we have top talent to rival the elites if our coaches just knew how to coach em up!   Now to scan through the new recruiting info, it appears the tune has changed dramatically.  Now we need to run out quick and load up on JUCOs and recruit, recruit, recruit to fill all those glaring deficiencies.   Which is it ?   I am just curious.  Either we have lots of talent or we don't?   Can't be both it seems to me.  

I say, we need another 35 or 40 'ready for prime time players'.   Most on this board argue the contrary.   

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Definitely agree with your points.  But to be fair, they did OFFER several JUCO guys.  Just didn't sign any.  And you can make an argument that they weren't really trying that hard.

Hank Hughes swung for the fences to try to bring a JUCO DE in the 2016 class and whiffed on all the following:

Jordan Bonner

Tramal Ivy(grades were a factor)

Jonathan Kongbo