***2018 Recruiting***

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Grad transfer candidate or what?

I posted it here because, in general, so many people get caught up in the same type of stuff that caused him to be overlooked. 

Frost went someplace joping to be a QB and was told he wasn’t good enough and came back and won an NC as a QB (understanding it was a different offense).

Hopefully Frost and company can find players like this that work their asses off and succeed even when people don’t believe they will.  

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I posted it here because, in general, so many people get caught up in the same type of stuff that caused him to be overlooked. 

Frost went someplace joping to be a QB and was told he wasn’t good enough and came back and won an NC as a QB (understanding it was a different offense).

Hopefully Frost and company can find players like this that work their asses off and succeed even when people don’t believe they will.  

We need to find a few walk on stars no doubt but Oklahoma is also a really talented squad around him. He is a great player but it takes both, underrated guys and the blue chip recruits, to compete on a national level.

Edited by Nebfanatic
21 hours ago, Mavric said:

First Draft of the Frost Board.  I'm putting the number at 20 for now.

I think we might only take 1 QB, especially if it's Martinez.  But there would be a possibility of a JUCO as well.  I think they're looking for 1 RB although there might be a second who is a RB/WR combo.  Also I think Jurgens might get moved to LB which almost everyone thinks would be his better position.  Still trying to get a feel for the numbers at other positions.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1-2 - Adrian Martinez
RB - 1-2 - Jeremy Banks, JUCO Greg Bell, Jalen Knox, Javian Hawkins
WR - 3-4 - JOSHUA MOORE, CAMERON BROWN, Isaiah Crocker, Jalen Hall, JUCO Jaron Woodyard, Jeshaun Jones, Joshua Fleeks, Dominick Watt
TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS, Justin McGriff
OT - 1-2 - JUCO Noah Banks
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Daniel Carson, 
LB - 1-2 - DAVID ALSTON, Elijah Wade, Raymond Scott, Zakoby McClain
CB - 2-3 - JUCO Jeremy Webb
S - 1-2 - CJ Smith, Johnathan Huggins

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Are  we giving up on Goodrich at CB too?

Oh -- maybe that's inaccurate. I don't follow that closely. It's just that I saw several DE profiles get updated recently, and it's felt like that has been a real trouble spot for *years*. With our RB situation, it's a really, really good thing we're going to take one in this class after all.