***2018 Recruiting***

I think they're looking for one "true" RB although there might be a second who is a RB/WR combo.  Also I think Jurgens might get moved to LB which almost everyone thinks would be his better position.  I added Williams and Goodrich back but I'm not sure we have much of a shot.  Still trying to get a feel for the numbers at other positions.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - Adrian Martinez
RB - 1-2 - Jeremy Banks, JUCO Greg Bell, Jalen Knox, Javian Hawkins
WR - 3-4 - JUCO JARON WOODYARD, CAMERON BROWN, Isaiah Crocker, Jeshaun Jones, Joshua Fleeks, Dominick Watt
TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS, Justin McGriff
OT - 1-2 - JUCO Noah Banks
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Bryson Williams
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Daniel Carson, JUCO Jordan Allen
LB - 1-2 - DAVID ALSTON, Elijah Wade, Raymond Scott, Zakoby McClain
CB - 2-3 - JUCO Jeremy Webb, Mario Goodrich
S - 2 - CJ SMITH, Johnathan Huggins

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

• Plus1 1

Need to do a full court press on receivers. Isaah Crocker I believe was interested, but may be less interested now that KWill is gone. With Fleeks being a tweener also, Copeland may be a big need, but I have a feeling Tennessee has a lead there. Outside of that hopefully, we can get Watt or some other speedster that comes up on our radar later. KJJ may be able to come in and compete for some playing time because right now we need depth on the roster.

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The narrative of Baker Mayfield being an under-recruited walk-on is horse hockey. He was a 3-star QB at one of the top football programs in Texas. He had 3 offers...

A quarterback good enough to start as a true freshman in the Big XII and eventually win the Heisman only got three offers to lowly schools. That is a very literal and proper use of 'under-recruited'.

• Plus1 4

11 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

With 9 commitments, possibly 8 if Brown leaves, don't we have room to get up to 20 kids this year? Gotta think at least 2 leave after spring ball as well. @Mavric

Based on the current scholarship distribution, we have 67 scholarship players returning for 2018.  That means we can sign up to 21 this cycle and possibly more if there is some attrition from the roster.  Then the coaching staff has to have it down to 85 scholarships by some deadline set by the B1G.

20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

With 9 commitments, possibly 8 if Brown leaves, don't we have room to get up to 20 kids this year? Gotta think at least 2 leave after spring ball as well. @Mavric

Counting the 9 current commits, we have 77 scholarships spoken for.  That is counting KJJ coming back (seems like he wants to) and Conrad keeping his scholarship (which I think would be likely).  So we can add 8 more to get to 85 and over-sign by 3 which would be 20.  As you said, that number would go up if anyone else leaves or KJJ doesn't come back.  The problem is if they don't leave before the second semester starts it would be tough to know for sure, even if it's likely that someone would.  

I would say that Tanner Lee and Zach Darlington would be candidates to not come back.  Possibly Sedrick King and Keyan Williams.  And there always seems to be 1-2 that are unexpected.

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Counting the 9 current commits, we have 77 scholarships spoken for.  That is counting KJJ coming back (seems like he wants to) and Conrad keeping his scholarship (which I think would be likely).  So we can add 8 more to get to 85 and over-sign by 3 which would be 20.  As you said, that number would go up if anyone else leaves or KJJ doesn't come back.  The problem is if they don't leave before the second semester starts it would be tough to know for sure, even if it's likely that someone would.  

I would say that Tanner Lee and Zach Darlington would be candidates to not come back.  Possibly Sedrick King and Keyan Williams.  And there always seems to be 1-2 that are unexpected.

Hasnt Williams already transferred once? He might not have much eligibilty left if he transfers again.