***2018 Recruiting***

The 3-4 can be kind of silly at times when it comes to DLinemen. For example, I thought it was weird that Mapieu was considered our NT and that we weren’t going to recruit any other “NTs.” He seems more like a DT to me, or a guy who is considered a DT/DE in our system. He has the height and length to take on OTs, and the size to do it well. Williams on the other hand, seems like purely a nose-tackle to me, but our staff is saying they will utilize him everywhere on the line in their recruiting pitch haha.

I agree that Mapieu and Wildeman by themselves is not enough of a DLine haul. Especially when one of those players has academics to get on track still. We need at least one more recruit there, hopefully it’s Williams.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

The 3-4 can be kind of silly at times when it comes to DLinemen. For example, I thought it was weird that Mapieu was considered our NT and that we weren’t going to recruit any other “NTs.” He seems more like a DT to me, or a guy who is considered a DT/DE in our system. He has the height and length to take on OTs, and the size to do it well. Williams on the other hand, seems like purely a nose-tackle to me, but our staff is saying they will utilize him everywhere on the line in their recruiting pitch haha.

I agree that Mapieu and Wildeman by themselves is not enough of a DLine haul. Especially when one of those players has academics to get on track still. We need at least one more recruit there, hopefully it’s Williams.

I agree. Elite teams like Alabama treat D-lineman recruiting like most places treat a QB. Take every year.

• Plus1 2

I think they're looking for one "true" RB although there might be a second who is a RB/WR combo.  Also I think Jurgens might get moved to LB which almost everyone thinks would be his better position.  

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - Adrian Martinez
RB - 1-2 - Jeremy Banks, JUCO Greg Bell, Jalen Knox, Javian Hawkins
WR - 3-4 - JUCO JARON WOODYARD, CAMERON BROWN, Jeshaun Jones, Joshua Fleeks, Dominick Watt
TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS, JUSTIN McGRIFF
OT - 1-2 - JUCO Noah Banks
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Bryson Williams
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Daniel Carson, JUCO Jordan Allen
LB - 1-2 - DAVID ALSTON
CB - 2-3 - JUCO Jeremy Webb
S - 2 - CJ SMITH, Johnathan Huggins

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

So you all say 247 is the best and most accurate recruiting site correct? Just checked and we are ranked 23rd on 247. That is not bad at all considering the circumstances and I am going to guess we get Martinez the Dual threat QB which should help the rankings. Also, do JUCO recruits count toward the overall recruiting rankings?

That's 2017 not this year's

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

Working our way back up though. If things fall correctly we could be close to that this year too. 

Would be a huge jump considering where we stand now in the 60's. Also given that the staff would only have had a few weeks to climb that high and that isn't a bad finish at all.

4 hours ago, 614Husker said:

I have a legit recruiting question.  Do we even recruit the D Line anymore?  Does this position even exist currently at Nebraska? Can someone help clue me in on our D Line strategy/targets?  

I just want confirmation bc I always see recruiting news updates about QB\WR\DB and occasionally LB, but never anything about DL.  I’m led to believe Nebraska no longer can recruit the position or doesn’t think they need one to be successful.  

I mean skill playets are great, but I’m led to think a DL would be kinda essential.

this is the worst thing about the Riley era imo...He reduced our DL to non existent status.  Surely we can at least buy 4 potatoes and line them up on the field?

i mean if we don’t recruit the interior trenches, anytime we play OSU we might as take Meyers hand, lead him to behind the barn, and then assume the appropriate position.  

heard rumors that we are moving to a hybrid 0-4-7 

I know it came from a friend of a friend's friend but it seemed to make sense based on what you are saying.

• Plus1 1