***2018 Recruiting***

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think they can give written offers, but not have phone or personal contact with the recruits. 

Recruits can call coaches but not the other way around. So our staff can call a high school coach and ask them to have the recruit call our coaches. Possibly can DM on social media as well.

On 12/24/2017 at 0:08 PM, BlitzFirst said:

I think they moved him back to due all the injuries they had there.  For whatever reason, Kieron Williams wasn't going to be played no matter what, despite being the most disruptive returning safety in the league...so I think he moved back to provide depth...probably provided it in both CB and S.

Regardless, I think the most idiotic thing the last staff did was bench Kieron Williams...I will never understand what happened with that.

That aint no s#!t! That’s when I knew they had no clue....our safeties were dog s#!t all year

49 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Not to be that guy, but isn't this the exact opposite of what happened to Baker? He was a high 4 star OL prospect and dominated at DT so much in camps that he switched. 

Steinkuhler was a 4 star, 6th ranked OT in the country on 247 and a 5 star, 8th ranked OT on Rivals his senior year, and he switched because Bo placed a premium on DTs rather than OTs. It was an incredible disservice not only to the team, but to Baker in the long run. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Steinkuhler was a 4 star, 6th ranked OT in the country on 247 and a 5 star, 8th ranked OT on Rivals his senior year, and he switched because Bo placed a premium on DTs rather than OTs. It was an incredible disservice not only to the team, but to Baker in the long run. 

All B12 DT, All American OT.

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

It was Baker's decision to switch.  It has been said 10000000000000000000x on this board and by Baker himself.   Why some keep blaming Bo on it is beyond me.

It's on the coach ultimately to field the best players at their best position to field the best possible team to compete and win. Coaches run the team not players. That is a cop out to say the kid calls the shots. 

That sounds like a Riley run program 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It's on the coach ultimately to field the best players at their best position to field the best possible team to compete and win. Coaches run the team not players. That is a cop out to say the kid calls the shots. 

That sounds like a Riley run program 

So you would make a kid play a position that he doesn't want to play?  

That sounds like a plan for success.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

So you would make a kid play a position that he doesn't want to play?  

That sounds like a plan for success.

If it means both the kid and the team will be more successful, absolutely. 

4 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

All B12 DT, All American OT.

He'd still be in the league if he stayed at OT. 

• Plus1 1