***2018 Recruiting***

7 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

So according to this:  http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution we are at 77

8 freshmen signed and/or enrolled freshmen

12 redshirt freshmen

21 sophomores

19 Juniors

17 Seniors

They do not account for WR Mike Williams being in the class or Peyton Newell leaving.  

5 players committed but not signed gets us to 82.  Mapieu may bring that down to 81

So they could sign up to 6-7 more to hit the 88 before 3 would have to leave, theoretically

It doesn't include Breon Dixon either, which puts it at 79 plus 5 commits to 84 which leaves 4 for the 88 B1G oversigning rules.  

Does anyone know the exact B1G rules?  I'm assuming that the 88 is as of the February national signing day and is the total of LOIs and scholarship players still on the team at that time.  So, if NU was to go over the 4 that appear to be left that would mean that someone on the current roster really isn't or isn't on scholarship.  What if it is a redshirt junior that is still on scholarship for this semester, but you are not going to renew their scholarship for a fifth year?  Is that an open spot or is it a part of the 3 oversigning?

Edited by yort2000

We currently have 18 commits plus two transfers.  We could sign 22.

Not sure we're taking a second QB now with Vedral on board and Tago not visiting last weekend.  Numbers are getting tight with four spots left.  Of course that also depend on the academic situations of Mapieu and Smith.  Mapieu is sounding better now.  Not sure where Smith is.

I would say we're for sure taking 1 OL (Bell seems likely) and 1 DB (Cam'ron Jones seems likely).  I think we'd take another DB if we can get the guys we want.  The last spot maybe being held for JJB or Tannor.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ, Matthew Tago
RB - 2 - JUCO GREG BELL, MILES JONES
WR - 5 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  DOMINICK WATT
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1 - Hamilton Hall, Blake McDonald, Jarrett Bell
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK, Tyrone Sampson

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, CASEY ROGERS
LB - 2-3 - DAVID ALSTON, JUCO WILL HONAS, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Caleb Tannor
CB - 1-2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, Braxton Clark, Kendrick Torain, Cam Taylor, JUCO Kenneth George
S - 1-2 - CJ SMITH, Cam'ron Jones

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did we decide not to have visitors this weekend or was it that it didn’t work for any of our prospects?

A little of both.  Joiner recommitted to Arizona.  We filled up at a couple spots.  And we pushed at least one later trying to save some visits and wait a bit on some guys we're in on.

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not sure we're taking a second QB now with Vedral on board and Tago not visiting last weekend.  Numbers are getting tight with four spots left.  Of course that also depend on the academic situations of Mapieu and Smith.  Mapieu is sounding better now.  Not sure where Smith is.

I would say we're for sure taking 1 OL (Bell seems likely) and 1 DB (Cam'ron Jones seems likely).  I think we'd take another DB if we can get the guys we want.  The last spot maybe being held for JJB or Tannor.

WR - 5 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  DOMINICK WATT
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU
CB - 1-2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, Braxton Clark, Kendrick Torain, Cam Taylor, JUCO Kenneth George

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

So what is bell, tanor, Jones and Washington all want in? That's 4 but I gotta think we take all 4 and figure it out 

add palmer in there that's 5. I can't see turning any of those 5 down

Edited by Huskers93-97

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

A little of both.  Joiner recommitted to Arizona.  We filled up at a couple spots.  And we pushed at least one later trying to save some visits and wait a bit on some guys we're in on.

Isn’t Watt coming for his visit this weekend?

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Washington? Seems like they want him regardless of having 2 RB’s

I was wondering about this yesterday.  We seem to be recruiting for more spots than we have available.  We do have two academic risks.  It would make sense that we'd have to recruit (for now) like we need to replace them.  And it would also make sense that we'd be recruiting several backup plans.

Will be interesting to see what the final number is.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I was wondering about this yesterday.  We seem to be recruiting for more spots than we have available.  We do have two academic risks.  It would make sense that we'd have to recruit (for now) like we need to replace them.  And it would also make sense that we'd be recruiting several backup plans.

Will be interesting to see what the final number is.

Are we gunna over sign potentially? Haven't read anything on that being batted around. But if you gunna do it at UNL may as well year one.

48 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Are we gunna over sign potentially? Haven't read anything on that being batted around. But if you gunna do it at UNL may as well year one.

I don't think there's any doubt we're going to use the full three over-signs (barring a last-second decommit).

11 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Of the ten kids who are still somewhat in the picture for the Huskers, are there even 6 that are seriously considering us today.  

Yes

11 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I know many have CB's for us but most of those were issued days or weeks ago and the outlook seems to have changed.  We might have a tough time filling this class out with the quality we want.

No

• Plus1 3