***2018 Recruiting***

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think we're going to take an OLB one way or another.  

It's possible Jones is just waiting for his announcement date on Saturday.  But with how few spots we have left, I just get the feeling he's our backup plan while we wait to see how close Smith is.

Maybe I'm wrong.  But it sure looks like someone has to be the odd man out.  This seems most likely to me.

OLB is tricky, imo. I think Tannor stays south, we are in a dog fight for JJB. Obviously both of those guys are guys you make room for. But, if you miss on both I don't think Baldando  (sp?) is a sure fire get with the attention he's getting. Don't think we have anyone on the plate after that. 

Edited by Warrior10

Based on the numbers, is it possible we don't send Mapieu a NLI and agree that if he goes JUCO he will have spot in a year or 2? Pure speculation on my part but I don't see how the numbers add up if we can only sign 3 more guys and we want 4 --> Bell, Jones, JBB/Tanner, and Washington. I guess if we strikeout with JBB and Tanner we have Mapieu as a backup plan. 

3 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Based on the numbers, is it possible we don't send Mapieu a NLI and agree that if he goes JUCO he will have spot in a year or 2? Pure speculation on my part but I don't see how the numbers add up if we can only sign 3 more guys and we want 4 --> Bell, Jones, JBB/Tanner, and Washington. I guess if we strikeout with JBB and Tanner we have Mapieu as a backup plan. 

I'm not sure it is wise for any coaching staff to promise a spot to anyone later on that doesn't qualify.  Too many variables.

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

If we get all the guys we're supposed to get to fill out this class...where do you think we end up ranked?  This last commitment put us right up near the top 25 I'm sure (I haven't looked yet) and that in itself is pretty damn amazing.

We are #26 at the moment.  Bell, Jones and Henry would put us #19 right now so right around the Top 20 (247 Composite).

Mixing and matching Jones/Tannor/Washington doesn't change things that much.

Another thought on who our last three (?) guys might be: It's entirely possible that the Big Board doesn't follow directly by position.  That is, we might be wanting to take a RB but if we don't get our top choice we might rather take another DB instead or something like that.

I think at least one OL is a lock and hopefully it's Bell tonight.

After that it might be a different list independent of position: JJB -> Washington -> Tannor -> Jones ->  Taylor -> Henry -> Tago -> Torain

Or something like that.

• Plus1 3

28 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

Jones, Bell, JBB are N. Will take up to 3 more if right guys. Could have a class of 24. 

Not saying you are wrong - but how is that possible? I get the whole over-signing by 3 but with the current roster/scholarships still on the team we can't go over 88 - unless I am missing something.