***2018 Recruiting***

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Is there really a limit though? We just have to provide a "good faith" estimate to the B1G and can oversign by 3. As long as we move out or players decide to leave to get us to 85 it all balances out from my understanding 

I think this is kind of a murky area, but as I understand it there has to be some documentation to account for each player signed over the 85 scholarship limit.  Such as a player requesting to transfer but not making it public yet.

3 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think this is kind of a murky area, but as I understand it there has to be some documentation to account for each player signed over the 85 scholarship limit.  Such as a player requesting to transfer but not making it public yet.

Sounds like you have to provide explanation for why you believe your number to be true. I still think we get to 25. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

From the article quoting the B1G official, I think in practice it is not that formal and they just have to give a number and let them know if they are going to over sign.

11 hours ago, swmohusker said:

I believe he is in jail.  Didn't he get arrested for armed robbery or something like that.

Ruh row!  He had a ton of offers.  But I'm guessing a lot of those checkmarks next to offers need to be updated.  LINK  :)  

3 hours ago, theknife said:

What is the penalty for accidentally going over the over sign by 3 rule? :cheers

We tell the Big Ten office what are number will be each year.   This year's number could be 18, 20 or 25.  It includes graduating Srs. and athletes leaving early for one reason or another.  You would think that Frost knows of a few players that were leaving the program and added them to his number of recruits.

13 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I'd be more than good if this outlook verified.

I just wonder if we would take both Canty and Robinson.

Otito replaces Mapieu.

Not fully sure on Andre Hunt and if this signals something else with the WR hunt.

My guess is at most we take on 6 more to get to 25. Guys will start falling off.

Who truly knows. I really want JJB to finish the class out and the rest are just gravy at this point.