Mavric

***2018 Recruiting***

swmohusker    631

I like where this 2018 class is going already. Especially if we get that guy from Lee Summit we will be off to a nice start.

Had to search to see who you were talking about.

Looks like we are hitting Missouri pretty hard in 2018. Hope that works out.

Land Trout, Babb, and Mario and we would be on track for a huge class.

Huskers44    86

I like where this 2018 class is going already. Especially if we get that guy from Lee Summit we will be off to a nice start.

Had to search to see who you were talking about.

Looks like we are hitting Missouri pretty hard in 2018. Hope that works out.

Heck yeah if we could get him Trout and Babb all out of Missouri that would a great class IMO. I think all those guys are studs.

gbr93    141

What number are we looking at for DB's in this class? 3-4? Knowing Fuller could end up on defense, a DB class of Bookie, Mario, and Isaac Taylor-Stuart or Jaiden Woodbey would sure be a heckuva haul. Doesn't seem to be too far fetched either.

spurs1990    561

Not sure where to put this and maybe it has been posted already but #Huskerseast sounds like a good thing to add to Calibraska! Wonder who he went to see and very exciting to get coast to coast solid coverage now by recruiters.

Mavric    9,128

Quick question, why didn't Fuller get a message at the top of the forums when he committed? Was sure I saw one for Jurgens and DT from York when they committed. Just curious.

Basically because I was too lazy to do it.

I was on the road three straight days and there were already some announcements up there. By the time I got home and had some time, it was a couple days later and decided to pass.

Quick question, why didn't Fuller get a message at the top of the forums when he committed? Was sure I saw one for Jurgens and DT from York when they committed. Just curious.

Basically because I was too lazy to do it.

I was on the road three straight days and there were already some announcements up there. By the time I got home and had some time, it was a couple days later and decided to pass.

No issues here, Mav. You work your ass off to keep this place neat and tidy and I appreciate it. I was just making sure I hadn't lost my mind!! I was just thinking if people didn't read the recruiting forum they may not know about that big time commitment.

BigRedBuster    7,292

With our WR class this year and Fuller already in next year, I would think we would be able to go out and get yet another absolute stud QB for this class.

I haven't even started really looking at this class yet. Who are our top QBs we are after?

Thanks,

SUHperman    329

With our WR class this year and Fuller already in next year, I would think we would be able to go out and get yet another absolute stud QB for this class.

I haven't even started really looking at this class yet. Who are our top QBs we are after?

Thanks,

Tanner McKee out of California will probably be one of our main targets.

Mavric    9,128

I would think it would be at least 16. 13 Seniors plus oversign by 3. Plus a couple more if there is any attrition.

ScottyIce    1,641

I would think it would be at least 16. 13 Seniors plus oversign by 3. Plus a couple more if there is any attrition.

It's looking like this class is going to possibly be a couple short. So I'll go out in a limb and say we find a way to get 2018 to 20 spots.

Hedley Lamarr    2,055

It's looking like this class is going to possibly be a couple short. So I'll go out in a limb and say we find a way to get 2018 to 20 spots.

Which isnt a bad thing.

spurs1990    561

So let it begin again for '18. Time to get used to this being the main thread and get used to the names on that profile list. Anyone want to give a brief synopsis of what we know so far about them?

Start doesn't get much better than Fuller and Jurgens.

famoustitles    459

So let it begin again for '18. Time to get used to this being the main thread and get used to the names on that profile list. Anyone want to give a brief synopsis of what we know so far about them?

Don't forget Masry who is raw but has a great build and quickness. And was getting lots of attention with that UCLA offer

Edit

Names to watch: Graham Roberts, bookie, Trevor trout, will farniok, kamryn babb, Tj pledger... those are the ones I think of off the top of my head

Atbone95    1,150

Watch KC and St. Louis. Multiple 5* and high 4* in the area, and we lead on a couple. Gotta lock em up.

Warrior10    1,783

Trevor Trout really really liked us last I knew. Calvin Avery 4star DT (teammate of Daniels) named us his leader last fall.

Warrior10    1,783

Going to be interesting with high interest from Masry, Trout and Avery how it plays out. I'll probably start looking at those 3 tonight and see if they fit at NT or DE. Took 2 NT's this year, might get tight if those 3 are all NT's.

Off the top of my head I think Masry could be a DE, Avery is a NT and Trout may be athletic enough to do both.

Husker_luver    100

Going to be interesting with high interest from Masry, Trout and Avery how it plays out. I'll probably start looking at those 3 tonight and see if they fit at NT or DE. Took 2 NT's this year, might get tight if those 3 are all NT's.

Off the top of my head I think Masry could be a DE, Avery is a NT and Trout may be athletic enough to do both.

I think Masry is a NT also. Trout will be most versatile, would be a big get.

Rike Miley    1,920

Just bring them in baby. Build depth and let the best man win the job

spurs1990    561

Agreed. Feel like we are just starting to build depth with a lot of young talent. Gotta get that going with another class that's even stronger. Parella's turn to land a "big fish". Not saying that our current ones won't be great

HuskermanMike    290

Agreed. Feel like we are just starting to build depth with a lot of young talent. Gotta get that going with another class that's even stronger. Parella's turn to land a "big fish". Not saying that our current ones won't be great

Parella did a great job in this cycle. Give me one Dt and one DE or 3-4 like DE and we will be good. I think with more D line recruits we will see more rotating on the defensive line. It makes sense to rotate this position so these big guys can get some rest. If we can have 5 or 6 or heck 7 solid guys that can come in without missing a beat that would be awesome. This years class could be the start of something big here and I like the talent we are after here too.

Parella did sign 2 4 star DTs and a 4 star DE this class....his first year recruiting at the FBS level....

He has to be among the top recruiters in the nation on this years rankings, right? 3 for 3 on 4*? This staff has Parella, the Williams Group, and Diaco. Hope to add some recruiters in the new hires.

Mavric    9,128

Parella did sign 2 4 star DTs and a 4 star DE this class....his first year recruiting at the FBS level....

He has to be among the top recruiters in the nation on this years rankings, right? 3 for 3 on 4*? This staff has Parella, the Williams Group, and Diaco. Hope to add some recruiters in the new hires.

I guess it depends on where you look. On 247, he got credit for landing four 3-stars (Watts, Thomas, Thomas & Daniels) and is #130 in the country, #28 in the B1G.

I guess it depends on where you look. On 247, he got credit for landing four 3-stars (Watts, Thomas, Thomas & Daniels) and is #130 in the country, #28 in the B1G.

Well, then I guess not then. Still happy to have him.

Mavric    9,128

Just a quick off-the-cuff start for the next year. Not listing too many prospects until I have a better feel for who's interested. More looking at position numbers - 13 Seniors plus oversign by three makes 16 the base but I would guess 18 is likely.

QB - 1 - Colson Yankoff, Tanner McKee

RB - 1-2 - TJ Pledger, Grahm Roberts

WR - 3-4 - ERIC FULLER, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Cameron Brown

TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS,

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 1 - Will Farniok

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout

DE - 1-2 -

LB - 2-3 -

CB - 2-3 - Brendan Radley-Hiles, Mario Goodrich

S - 1-2 -

Edited by Mavric

HuskermanMike    290

Just a quick off-the-cuff start for the next year. Not listing too many prospects until I have a better feel for who's interested. More looking at position numbers - 13 Seniors plus oversign by three makes 16 the base but I would guess 18 is likely.

RB - 1 - TJ Pledger, Grahm Roberts

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

CB - 1-2 - Brendan Radley-Hiles

S - 1-2 -

I thought I remember a poster saying Mario Goodrich was really interested. Maybe he was talking about a different player from his area but I do know he OV'd here.

Atbone95    1,150

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

S - 1-2 -

I thought I remember a poster saying Mario Goodrich was really interested. Maybe he was talking about a different player from his area but I do know he OV'd here.

Mario has us listed as his leader, and is in our 500 radius. But Mav makes the list, so he has final say.

Atbone95    1,150

Also, in a class that will have most likely 16-17 recruits, people really think we'll take 4 DL after taking 4 this year? When we run a 3 man front?

No WAY. 3 max next year, and the emphasis will be one more true NT type with 2 solid DE builds. And I wouldn't be surprised with 2 total DL next year.

HuskermanMike    290

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

S - 1-2 -

Mario has us listed as his leader, and is in our 500 radius. But Mav makes the list, so he has final say.

Yep Mav does have the final say, but I was just wondering if he had missed him or not realized that Mario made it here. He might be waiting for later down the road to get a better look at him as it is early in the process.

Atbone95    1,150

Also, in a class that will have most likely 16-17 recruits, people really think we'll take 4 DL after taking 4 this year? When we run a 3 man front?

No WAY. 3 max next year, and the emphasis will be one more true NT type with 2 solid DE builds. And I wouldn't be surprised with 2 total DL next year.

To follow up on my point - I didn't realize that outside of AJ Natter (meh contribution so far), we won't graduate a single scholarship DL at the end of 2017 season.

By my count, we'll have 13 scholarship linemen after Natter leaves. I'm going to go with 2 DL in the next class.

MyBloodIsRed16    198

To follow up on my point - I didn't realize that outside of AJ Natter (meh contribution so far), we won't graduate a single scholarship DL at the end of 2017 season.

By my count, we'll have 13 scholarship linemen after Natter leaves. I'm going to go with 2 DL in the next class.

Isn't that how you build depth? I'm sure Natter won't be the only one leaving, you might have one or two guys jump ship. Plus injuries. If you can get 4 more 4* or gods willing a 5* you take them. Alabama just had a 4* take a grey shirt. Or maybe with the new defense we will see some breakout years and guys will declare for the draft. Being deep with top talent on the line is not a bad problem to have. Plus it seems like the only d-lineman anyone is excited about in the new defense is Davis. That should say something about where we need more talent. I doubt the are looking to take four 2 or 3*s.

spurs1990    561

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

S - 1-2 -

Yep Mav does have the final say, but I was just wondering if he had missed him or not realized that Mario made it here. He might be waiting for later down the road to get a better look at him as it is early in the process.

Just a little early. Not really a big deal if he's not up there yet. If he has a profile and an offer that's more than fine for now.

Nebfanatic    738

Personally I like Eric Fuller as a DB, are we going with him as a WR? Not that it really matters this early as long as we get him here

Also for the list, Woodbey had us in his top 4 so there is another prospect showing pretty high interest. I think we see not only a long list of DBs next year, as Riley mentioned, but really elite players at that position as well. Very excited

Football Guy Bob    4,427

Personally I like Eric Fuller as a DB, are we going with him as a WR? Not that it really matters this early as long as we get him here

Fuller is being recruited as a DB

Mavric    9,128

Like I said, it was a quick list. I tried to scan through the offers and pick out the guys I knew were interested. I probably missed a few.

As far as DL goes, to me it depends on how everyone transitions. I could see NT recruiting being basically the same as QB and RB - you try to take one each class. But it depends on how many legit NTs we have on the team now. And it wouldn't surprise me if we only take one DE. I think we have some guys who can play there so we can afford to be choosy. But you still have to be careful with it. It depends on where the guys we just signed fit in. As sophomores this year, I really only see the Davis twins being factors on the DL. For RS Frosh, only Stille. We should have three from yesterday but if two of them turn into NTs, we don't have very many DEs in a three-class span. So we might take two.

According to a thing the Scout guys like to look at, they claim you should be able to build a two-deep depth chart every two classes. That would tell us we should take a NT and two DEs each class. Perhaps we'll only take one DE in a small class but two would be better if we can find the guys.

Stumpy1    1,507

I would sign as many NTs as possible if you can, especially ones that are highly sought after. Some of them could be good enough to slide out and play a DE spot in certain packages. Diaco had multiple guys on the line at ND that were 300+ llbs playing. Had some smaller guys come in also.

ScottyIce    1,641

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Hope we can pass on the kicker.

How do you want to do that? Brown will be a senior this year, right?

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.

gbr93    141

Looks like we are in a position of being pretty selective for the DL in 2018. With guys like Trevor Trout and Calvin Avery showing high interest and many other high profile guys that we may have an outside shot at, do we rethink the offer to Masry? I really don't know what to think. I would hate to turn away an instate kid like that, and there is obviously an entire year for this stuff to play out, just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a discussion the coaches have down the road?