***2018 Recruiting***

I still say we should let Jurgens try OLB. Could be a freak there. We have lots of young TE's "in front" of him.

I agree. But everything I've seen from recruiting guys and even Tavita's tweets are still suggesting TE.

I don't think it's a bad idea just to bring him in as the sole TE and see what happens from there. I think the progress of the young guys...Stoll, Englehaupt, and Snyder this spring may allow the coaches to do that. Throw in Allen and Rafdal and young got a good young core that allows you to skip this class and take 1-2 next year.

I think Stoll Englehaupt and Snyder will all be good. Agree with Jurgens to OLB he'd be scary.

If it's based on point totals not average, then it's a lost cause. We aren't going to hang on with a small class.

Dang it. Why do you have to point out the negative all the time? Can't you just be happy with what the staff is doing?

:sarcasm

Not sure why you added the sarcasm thing there. Came to this thread because the recruiting stuff has been exciting lately, and mostly it's an argument between Matty and someone else where Matty keeps saying our class ranking is going to be low and it doesn't matter what it is now. And then 2 days later he points it out again as if he thinks his posts disappear after 24 hours.

Everyone here knows we're not going to end up rated in the top 10 by point totals. It's still fun to see it.

Shough got offered by Bama tonight. I'm a little confused here, kid is hoping for a Neb offer and here come Michigan/Bama offers and still nothing.

Stick to the plan. They said they want to evaluate him throwing this Spring before an offer. I feel like this puts us in a position of power over Michigan/Bama. They are tossing offers at us, he wants us, but we're making him wait for it. I guess we will see. I trust DL though.

Shough got offered by Bama tonight. I'm a little confused here, kid is hoping for a Neb offer and here come Michigan/Bama offers and still nothing.

Stick to the plan. They said they want to evaluate him throwing this Spring before an offer. I feel like this puts us in a position of power over Michigan/Bama. They are tossing offers at us, he wants us, but we're making him wait for it. I guess we will see. I trust DL though.
I do too and that plan has probably been explained to Shough...I hope.

You may be right Matty and I agree we should trust OCDL in the recruiting process no matter what he does, because he has definitely upgraded our QB talent in his short time here. Shoughs film does look good but DL is a little better at evaluating talent than I am lol