***2018 Recruiting***

What is our number with potential oversigning for this year again?

I thought I heard it was 18. This class with attrition could possibly get to 20.
I pray we get it to 20

Well I thought I heard 16 so even 18 was pleasant to hear. 20 sounds amazing.

Right now we have 15 open spots which means we can sign 18.

Last year Riley kept under-shooting the number we could sign and people assumed he was playing a numbers game with recruits - making it look like we didn't have as many spots as we actually did. Then it turned out that's all we were really shooting for. Hopefully that's not the case this year.

Last year Riley kept under-shooting the number we could sign and people assumed he was playing a numbers game with recruits - making it look like we didn't have as many spots as we actually did. Then it turned out that's all we were really shooting for. Hopefully that's not the case this year.

So, Riley wasn't under-shooting the number. People thought he was.

• Fire 1

Riley updated some numbers tonight. He said 15 commits, 3 WRs and 1 OLB. All those numbers seem a bit low but...

Current Scholarships/Commits

Priority:
OT - Glaring need of depth
CB - Grabbing Bookie is huge. Need a couple more.
RB - With Oz seeming to fall out of favor, we need to hit at this spot this year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB - 1 - Tanner McKee
RB - 1 - Grahm Roberts, Mychale Salahuddin, Kirby Bennett, JaVeon Marlow, Tavion Thomas
WR - 3 - ERIC FULLER, MANUEL ALLEN, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Cameron Brown, Joshua Moore, Kobe Smith, Blake Veargis, CJ Moore
TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 2 - Antwan Reed, Michael Thompson, Chris Bleich
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout, Josh Walker, Calvin Avery, Joshua Landry
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Draco Bynum, Judge Culpepper
LB - 1 - Reggie Hughes, Jalen Redmond, Cameron Latu, Randy Charlton, James Head, Adrian Jackson
CB - 2-3 - BRENDAN RADLEY-HILES, Olaijah Griffin, Jaquayln Crawford, Chase Williams
S - 1-2 - Steve Stephens, Stephen Blaylock, Mario Goodrich, Bryan Addison

ATH - Talanoa Hufanga

K - 1 -

Edited by Mavric

Depends on how you want to look at it. He was under-shooting the number we could have signed.

Depends on how you want to look at it. He was under-shooting the number we could have signed.

Based on? Guys that left the program after NSD?

Based on? Guys that left the program after NSD?

No. Based on using the three allowed over-signs.

How does the 3 over sign rule work mav? I thought if you over sign by 3 you had until the following school year to make room.

I think it's until June but it might be the next school year.

So technically we could sign 18 this class as it stands but would then have to process 3 underclassmen by June or august?

How does the 3 over sign rule work mav? I thought if you over sign by 3 you had until the following school year to make room.

So technically we could sign 18 this class as it stands but would then have to process 3 underclassmen by June or august?

I'm fairly sure it's June when the incoming freshmen start to show up. But yes, right now we would be allowed to sign 18.

They would have to leave the program for whatever reason. They can't be forced out but there are usually 3-4 that leave for some reason - transfer, graduate (don't return for a fifth year), etc. - just like we saw this year.

I'm fairly sure it's June when the incoming freshmen start to show up. But yes, right now we would be allowed to sign 18.

They would have to leave the program for whatever reason. They can't be forced out but there are usually 3-4 that leave for some reason - transfer, graduate (don't return for a fifth year), etc. - just like we saw this year.

I'm sticking with 15. Last year I was disappointed by not trying to get a few more. Not sure I expect them to go above this year either. 15 is tough to see with the success we are seeing on the trail so far.