***2018 Recruiting***

How does the 3 over sign rule work mav? I thought if you over sign by 3 you had until the following school year to make room.

I think it's until June but it might be the next school year.

So technically we could sign 18 this class as it stands but would then have to process 3 underclassmen by June or august?

I'm fairly sure it's June when the incoming freshmen start to show up. But yes, right now we would be allowed to sign 18.

They would have to leave the program for whatever reason. They can't be forced out but there are usually 3-4 that leave for some reason - transfer, graduate (don't return for a fifth year), etc. - just like we saw this year.

I think right now, we can sign15. That includes the over sign. I think we will end 16-18 though.

How does the 3 over sign rule work mav? I thought if you over sign by 3 you had until the following school year to make room.

So technically we could sign 18 this class as it stands but would then have to process 3 underclassmen by June or august?

I'm fairly sure it's June when the incoming freshmen start to show up. But yes, right now we would be allowed to sign 18.

They would have to leave the program for whatever reason. They can't be forced out but there are usually 3-4 that leave for some reason - transfer, graduate (don't return for a fifth year), etc. - just like we saw this year.

I think right now, we can sign15. That includes the over sign. I think we will end 16-18 though.

No. The 15 does not include the oversign. 15 would put us at 85.

• Fire 1

Dang it Mav and Matty. I swear if you two start fighting over this too I'm changing your names to Norman and Ethel because you fight like an old married couple.

You decide whose who.

• Fire 2

Who are the 15 seniors on scholly? I count 12.

Yes, but we're only at 82 scholarships right now.

• Fire 2

I'm pretty sure we will either take a scholarship quarterback or a kicker but not both. I would bet if we land the kid from Alabama, we will not have room to offer a qb or any need to with Darligton as an emergency qb. If we do not land him we can offer the Burke kid a walk-on, for the time being, and go after a qb to add to the depth. Lots of variables come into play on this, so lets see how it plays out.

Do you have a chart handy somewhere that shows this? If so, it might be worthwhile to put a sticky at the top of this forum that keeps track of who is on scholarship by year. That way we can all be on the same page when it comes to numbers.

If not, I could try to throw something together

• Fire 1

Do you have a chart handy somewhere that shows this? If so, it might be worthwhile to put a sticky at the top of this forum that keeps track of who is on scholarship by year. That way we can all be on the same page when it comes to numbers.

Here's my spreadsheet. I'll add it to my recruiting target posts so it hangs around.

• Fire 1

So we are at 82. Let's pretend we don't land any grad transfers or any new recruits for this season.

Tyler Hoppes is going to get a scholly for this season.

Luke McNitt might if he is going to be the starting FB.

They are both Seniors, and would put us at 84.

Reimers is getting a scholarship, you can bet your bottom on it.

He is a junior, and would put us at 85 for the season. His wouldn't come off the books, unless we were to only offer him a 1 year scholly, which I would doubt considering he is going to play quite a bit.

This means we would have 14 open scholarships without attrition, and we could sign up to 17... Which Riley didn't do last season.

Now, looking at possible attrition, since that's what some are hoping so we can sign 20. (Not sure how you can predict guys that might leave, but I'll try) We would need 3 to leave, just to be able to get to 20. Also, those 3 would have to either leave during or before the season, or well before NSD, so that we could actual sign a player for their scholarship.

Sedrick King? Possibly a Grad Transfer if he doesn't get much PT this year. Not sure on his graduation requirements to be able to do so, just would assume he is close.

Jalen Barnett? Possibly Transfer, hasn't gotten any opportunities for whatever reason it is.

MIkale Wilbon? Grad Transfer possibly if he doesn't get a fair shake this season?

I feel like I'm really reaching with those predictions. I'm sure we will have some sort of attrition, just not sure who and not sure if it will amount to 3 players or not.

Time will tell. I can tell you for a fact that we will sign between 15-20 players though.

Here's my spreadsheet. I'll add it to my recruiting target posts so it hangs around.

You've already decided who is redshirting and who is not? Pretty sure the years for every player is off.

You've already decided who is redshirting and who is not? Pretty sure the years for every player is off.

No. I leave them in that column until they play then I move them over.

The first sheet is the 2018 chart since that is when the 2018 guys will be filling the roster. If you want to see this year's chart, click on 2017 at the bottom.

So you've just moved everyone over a column already then in the same way, makes sense.

So you've just moved everyone over a column already then in the same way, makes sense.

I posted an answer to your first question then edited it to answer your second.

The first sheet is 2018. Prior years are on other tabs at the bottom.