Mavric

***2018 Recruiting***

Gets today: Caleb Tannor, Cam Taylor, Braxton Clark, Willie Canty.
I think we are saving a spot for Maurice Washington and then we are Full Up.

(Jalen Robinson was apparently told we would tell him on Monday if we still have a spot available).

9 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Gets today: Caleb Tannor, Cam Taylor, Braxton Clark, Willie Canty.
I think we are saving a spot for Maurice Washington and then we are Full Up.

(Jalen Robinson was apparently told we would tell him on Monday if we still have a spot available).

Clark was already in.

Tannor, Taylor, and Canty make 22 for the class.

I still think Washington and Hunt both, and would still like to see a surprise.  Frost said 24-27, we'll see where they end up.

Our highest 247 commit is Martinez at 0.9423 composite rating - Ohio State's average commit is 0.9429 (that is ABSURD) 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....I feel sorry for this kid. Some parents are pathetic. 

Alabama must have offered her more lol

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's the press handout on the class.

Is Corbin Frederick not walking on anymore?

21 minutes ago, GSG said:

Is Corbin Frederick not walking on anymore?

That's interesting. Pretty sure he is. Sharp and Benning were talking to Cam Jones today and asked him about Corbin, who he said was sitting right next to him as he was on the phone. Said we got a steal, doesn't see him as a walk on.

Damn good job by this staff. Would have like to pick up at DT and another OT, but we have good depth at the RS Fresh - Soph level at each position which shouldn't make either a major concern if addressed in the 2019 class. 

6 minutes ago, C N Red said:

That's interesting. Pretty sure he is. Sharp and Benning were talking to Cam Jones today and asked him about Corbin, who he said was sitting right next to him as he was on the phone. Said we got a steal, doesn't see him as a walk on.

That's what I thought too. Cam said Corbin is a steal for us

Just now, bugeater17 said:

Damn good job by this staff. Would have like to pick up at DT and another OT, but we have good depth at the RS Fresh - Soph level at each position which shouldn't make either a major concern if addressed in the 2019 class. 

Agree that those positions would have been great to address, but those positions are also tough to evaluate in a short period of time.  Most of the best d-linemen and o-linemen would have signed in December.

As far as I'm concerned we have the #1 class in the country for 18. Reason being we landed a commit worth about 20 5 star kids. Scott Frost. No amount of kids in 1 class equals the impact he brings 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

As far as I'm concerned we have the #1 class in the country for 18. Reason being we landed a commit worth about 20 5 star kids. Scott Frost. No amount of kids in 1 class equals the impact he brings 

I'd take 20 five star kids in a single class over Scott Frost. 

There, I said it. 

• Plus1 3

45 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

There, I said it. 

With Riley and diaco coaching ? 

10 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

There, I said it. 

I wouldn’t, those kids only make an impact for 2-4 years, Frost makes an impact for, hopefully, 20+.

• Plus1 3

35 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Moses Bryant isn't on that list either.

In SF’s presser, someone asked him a question about his thoughts on being able to get such a talented kid to walk on and SF said he couldn’t speak about the asked individual. My guess is not all of the paperwork is completed yet and Moses isn’t yet considered an official commit.

14 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

In SF’s presser, someone asked him a question about his thoughts on being able to get such a talented kid to walk on and SF said he couldn’t speak about the asked individual. My guess is not all of the paperwork is completed yet and Moses isn’t yet considered an official commit.

Moses signed his paperwork, but I think he has some final work with his grades to officially qualify.  Maybe that's why SF was hesitant to talk to him by name.

I also wonder if guys who sign walk-on paperwork can renege on that agreement if they decide to take a scholarship elsewhere.  That's just a guess on my part.  I could be way off on that.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:53 AM, caveman99 said:

I wouldn’t, those kids only make an impact for 2-4 years, Frost makes an impact for, hopefully, 20+.

Assuming those kids win (they would), their impact also lasts on. 

12 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Assuming those kids win (they would), their impact also lasts on. 

One is able to bring new 5 star recruits, the other just plays. Sure their performance can be a draw, but the coach has to make the sell. Besides you are assuming that the 5 stars would all live up to their potential under a different coach. I would submit MR, Texas, LSU, etc. as examples of under achievers. 

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

So is Indepence CC the site for Last Chance U this year then? I thought what I read said he is going to be on that show when it airs.

Ok. I think I figured it out but it might be wrong. He played for Arizona Western last year, then transferred to Independence CC for whatever reason. So he may have been on last chance you for Arizona Western.

If this guy wants to be on the team it would be as a walk-on. He went 6-12 from field goals and 27-33 on extra points. That does not scream scholarship player to me.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

Ok. I think I figured it out but it might be wrong. He played for Arizona Western last year, then transferred to Independence CC for whatever reason. So he may have been on last chance you for Arizona Western.

If this guy wants to be on the team it would be as a walk-on. He went 6-12 from field goals and 27-33 on extra points. That does not scream scholarship player to me.

And this guy is all american??

11 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Landlord, is that you?

Partially. Edison was behind on his rent, so Landlord and broganreynik joined forces to form the hip hop doom disco duo “Edison’s Enemy”.

• Plus1 2

Finding the Right Fit

Article talking a little about the deeper part of recruiting, a kid's character.

"I wanted to talk to the janitors in the school, I wanted to talk to the history teacher, I wanted to talk to the counselors, I wanted to talk to the principal, I wanted to talk to the lunch lady. I wanted to go around town and talk to the people that his mom works with. Then I want to sit in their home and talk with their family and have an open, honest discussion about what the expectations are at Nebraska, how does he fit in that realm."

There will still be misses because there are always things you can't figure out and sometimes things change, but this strategy will surely help make sure you get a higher percentage of kids that contribute.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

https://247sports.com/player/cam-goode-87666

Here is his 247 profile, looks like a DT which would be a great addition. I don't know if he would play this year though because he might be behind the 8 ball on the playbook.

Also here is this.

I would guess would still have to sit out a year as a transfer. Read article about him transferring and the comments were that he was pretty lazy and didn’t want to do the conditioning and then quit.  https://247sports.com/Article/Virginia-Tech-releases-DT-Cam-Goode-from-his-scholarship-set-to-transfer-120238616/

• Plus1 1

On 8/4/2018 at 12:43 AM, huskersrule95 said:

I would guess would still have to sit out a year as a transfer. Read article about him transferring and the comments were that he was pretty lazy and didn’t want to do the conditioning and then quit.  https://247sports.com/Article/Virginia-Tech-releases-DT-Cam-Goode-from-his-scholarship-set-to-transfer-120238616/

No thanks. 

• Plus1 1