Most Important Player at Each Position

Nebraska Football: Cornhuskers' Most Important Player at Each Position

By Patrick Runge , Featured Columnist Jun 22, 2015

Offensive Line: Alex Lewis

While Nebraska has decent depth on the offensive line, there is a concern about the lack of returning starters (at least based on the Holiday Bowl depth chart). Lewis is the only returning starter who held down a starting position the entire year in 2014. Givens Price and Matt Finnin were listed at right tackle for the Holiday Bowl, while Paul Thurston and Dylan Utter were listed at center.

<snip>

Receiver: De’Mornay Pierson-El

It’s tempting at this point to think outside the box a little and select Jordan Westerkamp for his consistency or Jamal Turner for his potential and his senior leadership. It may very well be that both of those players will be crucial cogs in Nebraska’s offense this season.

But, come on, let’s be real. Pierson-El is without question Nebraska’s most dangerous and dynamic offensive weapon. And Riley will likely find creative ways to get Pierson-El the ball, such as the jet sweeps we saw in the spring game. Pierson-El might not have the most touches for Nebraska next season, but he will be the one who will affect opposing defenses more than any other player.

LINK

DPE? That's interesting. I would've said Westerkamp right off the top of my head. But as I think about it, DPE makes sense. Anytime he touches the ball he's a threat to house it. :thumbs:

Ummm....wouldn't the most important player at each position be the starter?

The next list is:

"Best Head Coach at Each School for the 2015 Season"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Mike Riley is our best Head Coach this season, but there's a reason I don't get to write this stuff...

• Fire 2

Ummm....wouldn't the most important player at each position be the starter?

The next list is:

"Best Head Coach at Each School for the 2015 Season"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Mike Riley is our best Head Coach this season, but there's a reason I don't get to write this stuff...

Maybe they will put out a list most important coach for each position group for 2015.