Randy tweeting with Alexander

Really interesting. Obviously Bo Pelini will never be completely out of the minds of the players that have been here, but I also doubt this is prevailing mentality. The current players, at least publicly, seem to have embraced the fact that they've got a new coach and heading forward with it, and the ones that haven't are (hopefully) the ones that aren't here anymore.

Now just waiting for the post that says "I don't understand what they're saying on the tweeter machine" :)

Yeah. Sorry, guys. I don't miss Bo "f the fans, f the administration" Pelini one bit. It could have been different, that atmosphere and how he ran the program. It wasn't, and that's something completely owned by Bo.

As for a small number of former players celebrating attrition...given what we know about how Bo ran ship, I'd say that was to be expected.

• Fire 4

Yeah. Sorry, guys. I don't miss Bo "f the fans, f the administration" Pelini one bit. It could have been different, that atmosphere and how he ran the program. It wasn't, and that's something completely owned by Bo.

It's weird how perspective can change so fast.

Do you think we were that jaded in the middle of it, and are only now seeing clearly, or do you think as a fanbase we're still in a bit of a reactionary "f u" phase? Obviously Bo was not evil incarnate, there's too much evidence that he can be a good, grounded guy, so I'm really interested what perception will be like in 5-10 years. I don't doubt we'll still be happy that he's not here, but he might end up being looked at more fondly as time goes on.

Do you think we were that jaded in the middle of it, and are only now seeing clearly, or do you think as a fanbase we're still in a bit of a reactionary "f u" phase? Obviously Bo was not evil incarnate, there's too much evidence that he can be a good, grounded guy, so I'm really interested what perception will be like in 5-10 years. I don't doubt we'll still be happy that he's not here, but he might end up being looked at more fondly as time goes on.

Speaking for myself, I started to become jaded with the situation in 2010 and only became increasingly so over the next four (!) seasons. But as a fan, you still have to drum up some enthusiasm for the team whether or not you're a total fan of the guy running the show, so you try to root for the best case anyway.

I'd say the tide didn't really start turning against Bo until that truly anemic 2013 campaign, coming off the heels of an ugly CCG loss in '12 to third place, 7-5 Wisconsin. 2013 was when the audio tapes were released. And we all remember the pronounced and heavy split in opinion all the way up to his firing. That final audio tape probably did him in for a much greater share of the fans, and Riley's subsequent showing that -- who knew?! -- you could have class at the head of your program probably won over (some) of the remaining holdouts.

I'm sure he will be looked at more fondly in due time, because few will really remember the sourness of the experience, or the fact that he didn't win anything substantive and didn't come close for his final four (or five?) campaigns. #9wins, I guess.

Privately I don't doubt that Bo was a mostly kind and generous individual, but clearly his temper and his way of doing things rubbed people the wrong way. And I would also point to '10 as the time this feeling started spreading out, because treat people certain ways and you can't stop that from getting out there. These fans didn't want to hate the guy, heck, we were coming off such a great '09 season. It was a big, slow reveal of what kind of program he was running and a completely self-inflicted fall from the near-unanimous and fierce enthusiasm he enjoyed during his honeymoon period here.

• Fire 1

I'll remember him for at least righting the ship after the BC experience, but after that he never grew up as a coach on the field or off the field. The audio tapes still don't exactly bother me, but are an offshoot of the greater scheme of his coaching makeup. He didn't like being here and he coached his players that way. Some bought it, others worked through it, obviously we see where Leroy stands. Chalk this up as a win for the program and the optimism of moving forward.

I think a big part of that will hinge on how well Riley does/does not do. If Riley keeps the status quo or takes us to the next level, I don't think opinions of Bo change too much. If Riley flounders and the team seems to regress, people will be missing BP and clamoring about what a mistake it was to fire him.

I mostly thought Bo would get it together at some point when Santa brought his big boy pants.. I hoped after the meltdown post Iowa game that he had turned the corner over the winter and had mellowed by the spring game. As it turned out his past demons were too strong and his unwillingness to get better coaches were his demise. I was more than ready for the firing and while initially shocked by the MR hiring I am now ready to sit back and enjoy Husker football again. Bo can go piss up a rope. I truly hope he never works around young people again.

• Fire 3

RedSavage, you hit the nail on the head. If we take a step backwards, there will be a lot of whining and complaining that we made the move to fire Bo prematurely. Eichorst's head is basically riding on Riley right now. Personally, I like Eichorst's chances. The level of football played here is going to be the best since 01'.

RG

Not a fan of him taking himself out of the game so many times- limping off for a play or 2, then right back in

That happened a bunch

Same for him slamming the turf with what looked like some big injury- which wasnt

I said it early last year- very immature player- never a big fan

My buddies that are NFL fans who asked about him- I said, you dont want him, something not all there

Reminded me of 10 year old kids faking injuries to get their "nfl moment" everyone paying attention to them during the game stoppage- then right back in