Anyone ever been to Ord, NE

My mom has worked in Ord since I was a little kid. We lived in a neighboring smaller town. It's a nice place, the only real complaint I had was how the kids from there treated the kids from the surrounding area when we'd come to town on Friday of Saturday night.

Ha! Yea, I can definitely see that. I was probably part of that growing up. If you were from Burwell/Arcadia/North Loup you definitely weren't "welcome" so to speak.

Ord, culturally, was really different when I was growing up. There weren't alot of farm kids around my age, most were "townies", so it wasn't like it is now or before, with lots of rural kids there.

Passed through Sargent this weekend. Close enough imo.

I used to do motocross in Sargent. Fun track and I liked the people who ran it, but everybody on the series came from Lincoln and Omaha and didn't want to drive 3-4 hours to race in the sand, so the track ended up shutting down.

I grew up 30 miles north of Burwell. Drove through Ord twice a week on the way to/from Kearney. I have some family from the area, are you familiar with the David family from that area at all?

Michelle was in my class, and Shannon was a thrower on the track team that I was on. My dad was the throws coach. Good people. I know their mother passed away some time ago. That was really sad.

Yes, I have. Did you like growing up there for the most part?

I absolutely loved it. If it wasn't for my wife, my dream job would be to go back and teach there. However, that dream has had to change because my wife doesn't want to live in the same town as my mother.

I've heard really good things about Scratchtown.

Scratchtown is awesome. For a while there, they were brewing a "Lord of Ord" that was like 12-13 percent alcohol. It didn't really hit you till you ordered a second one. My personal favorite is the "Prairie Fire". It tastes like S'mores and Campfire all in one. Great taste!

Passed through Sargent this weekend. Close enough imo.

I used to do motocross in Sargent. Fun track and I liked the people who ran it, but everybody on the series came from Lincoln and Omaha and didn't want to drive 3-4 hours to race in the sand, so the track ended up shutting down.

Sargent is a fun time during Chokecherry days. Otherwise not much there except for when slow pitch softball is going on!

I grew up 30 miles north of Burwell. Drove through Ord twice a week on the way to/from Kearney. I have some family from the area, are you familiar with the David family from that area at all?

Michelle was in my class, and Shannon was a thrower on the track team that I was on. My dad was the throws coach. Good people. I know their mother passed away some time ago. That was really sad.

Wow, small world! Those are my cousins. I grew up with Ryan (the oldest kid, about 6'8"/300-some pounds, so I'm sure if you've seen him you know who I'm talking about), they used to invite us down there for dinner and I'd spend the weekend there and help them with chores. Yeah, hearing about Barb really took me by surprise, I hadn't been down there since Gerald moved out to Wyoming so I wasn't aware that she was having health problems. She was always such a nice person, so that news hit me pretty hard.

Chambers, Swan Lake, Amelia?

Wow, small world! Those are my cousins. I grew up with Ryan (the oldest kid, about 6'8"/300-some pounds, so I'm sure if you've seen him you know who I'm talking about), they used to invite us down there for dinner and I'd spend the weekend there and help them with chores. Yeah, hearing about Barb really took me by surprise, I hadn't been down there since Gerald moved out to Wyoming so I wasn't aware that she was having health problems. She was always such a nice person, so that news hit me pretty hard.

Oh ya Ryan was a huge boy. My dad was always trying to get him our for football. Dad coaches oline and dline there in Ord. Michelle still lives there I believe, married to a guy a couple houses down from me growing up.

Not sure where Shannon is. I haven't seen her since my second year at UNK.

Chambers, Swan Lake, Amelia?

Yep, right in that area. Just a few miles northeast of Swan Lake off of 95.

Not sure where Shannon is. I haven't seen her since my second year at UNK.

I think she's in Omaha now, but I'm not sure where in Omaha.