Pre-Season consensus

I'll be surprised if we don't see a Ohio State - Wisconsin rematch. With a better showing for Wisconsin.

Should be a smooth transition for Wisconsin.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me here, but I think they're better off with Chryst. Andersen is a good coach, but that was a bad fit.

Michigan will not finish above 4th in the East. And they have a shot of not making a bowl game. Remember, it took Harbaugh a couple years (and a generational QB) to get Stanford going.

@ Utah

Oregon St

UNLV

BYU

@ Maryland

Northwestern

Michigan St

@ Minnesota

Rutgers

@ Indiana

@ Penn St

Ohio St

I think Minnesota is getting a bit disrespected and think Penn State can finish 3rd.

I am going homer mode with the Huskers, but still think the Goofs are a sleeper we need to be concerned about.

I am sure I am way off picking Wisco 3rd, but i like to shake it up a bit.... even if i am way off.

My guess would be this:

West:

Nebraska

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Iowa

Illinois

Purdue

East:

Ohio State

Michigan State

Penn State

Michigan

Maryland

Indiana

Rutgers

Michigan will not finish above 4th in the East. And they have a shot of not making a bowl game. Remember, it took Harbaugh a couple years (and a generational QB) to get Stanford going.

@ Utah

Oregon St

UNLV

BYU

@ Maryland

Northwestern

Michigan St

@ Minnesota

Rutgers

@ Indiana

@ Penn St

Ohio St

That's actually an exceptionally easy schedule for Michigan, especially in conference. Their two toughest games (Mich St and Ohio St) are at home. 3/4 OOC games are at home. @ Utah and @ Penn St will be tough as well, but I could see them with a 8-4 record without them upsetting one of the previously mentioned teams.

Yeah except...that's Stanford. He has walked into an embarrassment of riches because Brady Hoke was a hell of a recruiter.

@ Utah

Oregon St

UNLV

BYU

@ Maryland

Northwestern

Michigan St

@ Minnesota

Rutgers

@ Indiana

@ Penn St

Ohio St

That's actually an exceptionally easy schedule for Michigan, especially in conference. Their two toughest games (Mich St and Ohio St) are at home. 3/4 OOC games are at home. @ Utah and @ Penn St will be tough as well, but I could see them with a 8-4 record without them upsetting one of the previously mentioned teams.

Harbaugh or no Harbaugh, I see no better than 4-4 in conference. I'd bank on losses to MSU, Minny, PSU, OSU. And last year they lost to Rutgers and MD. And beat NW 10-9.

I can't see them winning at Utah. If people think that BYU will cause us problems, then Michigan is in trouble.

And Rudock isn't the answer at QB.

@ Utah

Oregon St

UNLV

BYU

@ Maryland

Northwestern

Michigan St

@ Minnesota

Rutgers

@ Indiana

@ Penn St

Ohio St

Harbaugh or no Harbaugh, I see no better than 4-4 in conference. I'd bank on losses to MSU, Minny, PSU, OSU. And last year they lost to Rutgers and MD. And beat NW 10-9.

I can't see them winning at Utah. If people think that BYU will cause us problems, then Michigan is in trouble.

And Rudock isn't the answer at QB.

Thing is, this isn't last year. They still have plenty of talent on their team, and Harbaugh knows how to coach talent. I agree they will probably lose to MSU PSU and OSU, but MSU lost Narduzzi and PSU franklin, sorry frankly, isn't a proven commodity yet either. Both of those games are at home. Minny lost their best offensive player.

It feels very strange talking Michigan up as I hate Michigan, but they deserve a lot more credit than you are giving them IMO.

Sort of surprised the voting is so consistent in the West. Any of the top three teams could easily win. I'd say Nebraska has about as good of a chance as Wisconsin.

The East, yeah tOSU is the overwhelming favorite. Still, Sparty might give them a run for their money.

Yeah except...that's Stanford. He has walked into an embarrassment of riches because Brady Hoke was a hell of a recruiter.

I don't think they have much talent tbh. They are one of the least talented teams on offense in the league. Sometimes recruiting rankings tell the story but sometimes they don't.

• Fire 1