Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

There is a chance this all ends up very good for Nebraska.

Let's say Louisville and Kansas are nailed in this but yet Nebraska comes out clean.  And...let's assume there is a clause in the contract that allows Adidas out of any contract where the school does something to reflect bad on them.

It may end up the higher ups at Adidas realizes the gem they really have in Nebraska and they totally pump huge amounts of money into the programs.  Way more than either Louisville or Kansas was even getting.

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is a chance this all ends up very good for Nebraska.

Let's say Louisville and Kansas are nailed in this but yet Nebraska comes out clean.  And...let's assume there is a clause in the contract that allows Adidas out of any contract where the school does something to reflect bad on them.

It may end up the higher ups at Adidas realizes the gem they really have in Nebraska and they totally pump huge amounts of money into the programs.  Way more than either Louisville or Kansas was even getting.

Lets assume that Adidas is gone, like Eichorst.  So far the schools are not in near the mess as assistant coaches are right now.  Adidas is in farther than the schools other than Louisville.  Cards are headed towards SMU type sanctions.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:38 PM, huskerfan120889 said:

It all makes sense why adidas paid Louisville and Kansas more. They wanted that basketball deal flow. 

Basketball programs are going to get the bigger deals.  They want to get those basketball players in adidas in AAU and college, with hopes to having those players wear adidas in the NBA.  Basketball shoes and players sell and mean much bigger money than football players/programs.

47 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Basketball programs are going to get the bigger deals.  They want to get those basketball players in adidas in AAU and college, with hopes to having those players wear adidas in the NBA.  Basketball shoes and players sell and mean much bigger money than football players/programs.

Yup, agree 100%

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, huskerfan120889 said:

Yup, agree 100%

:thumbs I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was disagreeing with you.  Just further expanding on your comment.  Adidas has been aggressive into cutting into Nike's market share, and there seems to have been a cost to doing that, although I wonder how much this scandal will really impact their sales.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

:thumbs I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was disagreeing with you.  Just further expanding on your comment.  Adidas has been aggressive into cutting into Nike's market share, and there seems to have been a cost to doing that, although I wonder how much this scandal will really impact their sales.

Oh, no man! I knew what you were getting at - I think w're on the same page. I'm guessing sales won't be too badly impacted, where they're getting hurt right now is on the capital market side. Pretty big increase in short interest over the last few days. Also, I don't think Nike is completely out of the woods, either. Interested to see where the two companies are trading at in a couple of months.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just now, Saunders said:

Glad to see USF go to Adidas. My wife is a USF grad, so we get USF gear each year, but it's just so blah. UA is complete garbage, especially their shoes.

Did she get one of their misprinted bowl shirts for this year? "South Florida University" :lol:

DQTTS4dWAAIl_Nu.jpg:large

• 4 months later...