"Guys like myself, that's what we flock to."

https://hailvarsity.com/news/kenny-bell-on-keith-williams-nebraska/2015/07/

You cant not respect the man, Bell said. He garners respect because he knows so much about the position. He knows so much about the game.

Guys like myself, thats what we flock to. We flock to knowledge because theres so much about the game that you can learn from a guy like Coach Dub. You can sit down with him every day for weeks and learn something new every day.

Great Hail Varsity piece by Erin Sorensen. Kenny Bell talks coming back to Lincoln, training for the NFL, his impressions of Coach Williams, and his outlook for the Huskers in 2015.

Way to go, Kenny. We're rooting for ya. :thumbs

Fans know Bell as the most productive receiver in Husker history. Sitting at the top of Nebraska’s career charts in receptions and receiving yards, it’s hard to imagine Bell has too many things he needs to improve upon. That’s where Williams comes in.
“Within the first 30 minutes of working with him, he identified every single thing I struggled with throughout my entire career,” Bell said. “Thirty minutes after that, we were fixing them.”

Sounds like Coach Dub knows his stuff. Now let's take it to the field! :lol:

Good read. Our fanbase has always found reasons to harp on Kenny, and the latest was that people thought he only played for/liked Bo and not Nebraska, and that's obviously not true. Really glad he still loves the place and hope he'll be around a lot in the future. One of my favorite Huskers ever.

• Fire 4

Kenny caught a lot of flack for being loyal to his coach, thats a bit unfair. He also got a lot of flack for his spending habits, a but more understandable but still he was a college dude.

Kudos Kenny on still staying true to your alma matter. You were a joy to have play here.

• Fire 4

Good read. Our fanbase A small portion of fans has always found reasons to harp on Kenny, and the latest was that people thought he only played for/liked Bo and not Nebraska, and that's obviously not true. Really glad he still loves the place and hope he'll be around a lot in the future. One of my favorite Huskers ever.

I fixed that for ya.

What I said is a lot closer to the truth than what you said.

Kenny was beloved by a big part of this fanbase.

Yeah, some had their issues with him, myself included, but most of that arose from his activities on twitter and I always felt he probably thought he was far wiser than he truly is at his young age. The guy has plenty to learn from this life yet, and I think maybe he knows that. I also understand his right to defend himself and the people he loves and respects, so I don't truly hold anything against him.

I just thought a Twitter ban would sure make his life a lot less complicated and maybe even help him get back to focusing on that big majority of fans that really did like the kid and respected his talents on the field too.

Best of luck to him and I hope he takes pride in being a Husker.

• Fire 2

Good read. Our fanbase A small portion of fans has always found reasons to harp on Kenny, and the latest was that people thought he only played for/liked Bo and not Nebraska, and that's obviously not true. Really glad he still loves the place and hope he'll be around a lot in the future. One of my favorite Huskers ever.

I fixed that for ya.

Yeah, some had their issues with him, myself included, but most of that arose from his activities on twitter and I always felt he probably thought he was far wiser than he truly is at his young age. The guy has plenty to learn from this life yet, and I think maybe he knows that. I also understand his right to defend himself and the people he loves and respects, so I don't truly hold anything against him.

I just thought a Twitter ban would sure make his life a lot less complicated and maybe even help him get back to focusing on that big majority of fans that really did like the kid and respected his talents on the field too.

In all fairness, Kenny seemed to enjoy poking the fan base as well.

I fixed that for ya.

In all fairness, Kenny seemed to enjoy poking the fan base as well.

I wonder where he got that from.

• Fire 2

Really liked the "within 30 minutes he had identified all the issues I had for my time here" comment. (paraphrased) I really think that we have/had the talent to be great. We just didn't have a staff capable of taking advantage of it in all phases of the game.

IMO, this staff is worth at lest 1-2 more wins.....