SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

I'm all for picking up the kid, but I think it's a bit ridiculous that some are ripping a school for having stringent academic standards. That's their call and at the end of the day, some alumni care more about the academic reputation of their alma mater than their football record.

you dont wait until 3 weeks before school to de-admit a student.

• Fire 3

Interesting that Bray was the one to talk to him. I haven't heard much (basically anything) about Davis on the recruiting trail.

Per the 247 Composite, he was the #204 player overall in this last class and the #17 RB - a four-star. They don't list an Oregon State offer but I believe Bray recruited Texas (iirc) so perhaps he had some connections.

This kid got a very raw deal. Wisconsin needs to stop thinking they are an Ivy League school. As someone that grew up in the area, sort of, no one gave a rats ass about their academics. They f'd this kid hard and that is horrible.

I think it's kind of admirable of Wisconsin. If they don't want to bend their standards as much as other schools then that's their choice. Every school makes their own choice in this regard.

Andersen recruited him knowing that him and others in that class weren't likely to make into Wisconsin. My guess is Chryst won't have these problems as he's more familiar with Wisconsin's admissions process.

I'm all for picking up the kid, but I think it's a bit ridiculous that some are ripping a school for having stringent academic standards. That's their call and at the end of the day, some alumni care more about the academic reputation of their alma mater than their football record.

I don't know if that's what happened. I haven't seen the details but it's possible he was in the same situation as Mohammed Barry in that he had to take some summer classes to qualify but didn't get good enough grades. So he signs knowing he has work to do but doesn't get it done well enough. Barry wouldn't have made it if he didn't get a high enough grade on the one class he took this summer.

I don't know anything about this situation but it's entirely possible. Sounds like there have been concerns about him qualifying academically for quite some time.

• Fire 3

Kid looks really good.

He reminds me of the best parts of Roy Helu and Ameer in one player. He's got Roy's put a foot in the ground, one cut and go ability and top end speed, and he's got Ameer's ability to gallop and shift directions with incredible lateral movement.

Get him here.

I don't know if that's what happened. I haven't seen the details but it's possible he was in the same situation as Mohammed Barry in that he had to take some summer classes to qualify but didn't get good enough grades. So he signs knowing he has work to do but doesn't get it done well enough. Barry wouldn't have made it if he didn't get a high enough grade on the one class he took this summer.

I don't know anything about this situation but it's entirely possible. Sounds like there have been concerns about him qualifying academically for quite some time.

Teach - completely agree with you if the university waited till 3 weeks before school started to ding him, without any attempts of helping him through the summer. I'd imagine the situation is more in line with what Mavric is saying.