Ameer Abdullah - Offensive ROY?

The Football Educator's Brandon Thorn states his case for Ameer Abdullah winning Offensive Rookie of the Year as long as a few pieces fall into place.

Full article: http://www.thefootballeducator.com/2015-nfl-predictions-offensive-roy/

Detroit’s offensive line is a formidable unit that ranked 14th overall by ProFootballFocus.com in 2014. Despite their impressive ranking as a unit, the team finished 28th in total rushing. This was due to the fact that a running back didn’t match the level of play the offensive line performed at.

This offensive line boasts one of the more impressive interior three (guard, center, guard) depth charts in the entire NFL with a collection of road-grading, overpowering players along with young, promising players.

The team made it a point to address their offensive line in the offseason by trading for Denver Broncos OG Manny Ramirez and spending their first-round pick on OG Laken Tomlinson from Duke University. Ramirez started every game for Denver in the last two seasons while Tomlinson is a player who was a four-year starter while earning 52 starts in a brilliant college career. Tomlinson will enter camp battling for a starting guard spot but could very well slide inside to center if former third-round pick Travis Swanson doesn’t continue to improve.

The bottom line with this unit is that they have many possible starting combinations on the inside, while only having one real question mark which is at right tackle. It is a safe assumption to say that this unit will improve from an already solid one in 2014 to an even better one in 2015.

Read more: http://www.thefootballeducator.com/2015-nfl-predictions-offensive-roy/#ixzz3h89dfVJB

• Fire 2

Not only is it ridiculous to predict AA as ROY before one preseason game is played, but as I scanned the article (I admit I didn't read it carefully since it is such a ridiculous idea) it seems the justification mostly is built on the Lions Offensive Line. So, AA will win an award because his team mates will play so well? Take a step back and see how ridiculous that notion is.

These preseason individual award predictions are worth nothing, except they generate discussions like this one. The other thing they mean to me is that now we know what WON't happen.

Not only is it ridiculous to predict AA as ROY before one preseason game is played, but as I scanned the article (I admit I didn't read it carefully since it is such a ridiculous idea) it seems the justification mostly is built on the Lions Offensive Line. So, AA will win an award because his team mates will play so well? Take a step back and see how ridiculous that notion is.

It's not ridiculous at all to predict that it's AA. It's ridiculous that they're making a prediction about anyone.