SI: Greatest College Football Players by Jersey Number

A couple Huskers made the list:

30 — Mike Rozier, RB, Nebraska (1981-83)

Has anyone ever had a better senior season? Rozier won the Heisman in 1983 by rushing for 2,148 yards on 275 carries scoring a school-record 29 touchdowns. He averaged 179 yards per game and rushed for more than 100 yards in 11 straight contests. Rozier ran for a school-record 4,780 rushing yards in his three-year career.

30-Mike-Rozier-006273498.jpg?itok=Fs-3jN

64 — Bob Brown, G, Nebraska (1961-63)

His 6-foot-5, 260-pound frame plowed through defenders. Brown was a unanimous All-America selection in 1963 as Nebraska finished 10-1 and won its first conference championship since 1940

64-Bob-Brown.jpg?itok=bIi3vdl-

Also making runner-up:

#15 - Tommie Frazier (Tebow)

#20 - Johnny Rogers (Earl Campbell)

#38 - Sam Francis (1934-36) (George Rogers, South Carolina, 1977-80)

#50 - Dave Rimington (Dick Butkus)

#67 - Aaron Taylor (Russell Maryland)

#96 - George Andrews (DE, 1976-78) (Danny Stubbs, DT, Miami, 1984-87)

Native Nebraskan runner-up

#48 - Gayle Sayers (Angelo Bertelli, QB, Notre Dame, 1941-43)

Frazier, runner up to Tebow is lolololol.

Suh not even making honorable mention is lolololololololololololololol............

I guess I see Frazier/Tebow as basically a toss up. Frazier played in three title games, winning two. Tebow played in two, winning two (though he wasn't the starter for the first one). Tebow won the Heisman, Frazier should have but didn't. Probably the biggest thing is the stats. Tebow has over twice the passing yards, nearly twice the passing TDs with fewer INTs. Tebow also has more rushing yards and rushing TDs. That doesn't mean I'd trade Frazier for Tebow. But I can see how a neutral party would favor Tebow, especially being more recent.

Suh does seem really odd. Selmon was a beast two but I'm not sure I've heard of the other guy. Can't imagine Suh wouldn't be as good as either.

Edited by Mavric
Edited for being stupid.

Suh not even making honorable mention is lolololololololololololololol............

I guess I see Frazier/Tebow as basically a toss up. Frazier played in three title games, winning one. Tebow played in two, winning two (though he wasn't the starter for the first one). Tebow won the Heisman, Frazier should have but didn't. Probably the biggest thing is the stats. Tebow has over twice the passing yards, nearly twice the passing TDs with fewer INTs. Tebow also has more rushing yards and rushing TDs. That doesn't mean I'd trade Frazier for Tebow. But I can see how a neutral party would favor Tebow, especially being more recent.

Suh does seem really odd. Selmon was a beast two but I'm not sure I've heard of the other guy. Can't imagine Suh wouldn't be as good as either.

Frazier played in 3 consecutive title games and won 2.

• Fire 1

I actually don't have a problem with any of these. I'm sure Tebow winning the heisman helped him edge out Tommy. My biggest issue is with Suh, but I think being a modern player hurts him against a historical great. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I would assume Suh finished higher in the Heisman voting. I bet Suh would end up higher once his playing days are over.

And who is George Webster? Alex Henery is the best player to ever put on the #90.

I guess I see Frazier/Tebow as basically a toss up. Frazier played in three title games, winning two. Tebow played in two, winning two (though he wasn't the starter for the first one). Tebow won the Heisman, Frazier should have but didn't. Probably the biggest thing is the stats. Tebow has over twice the passing yards, nearly twice the passing TDs with fewer INTs. Tebow also has more rushing yards and rushing TDs. That doesn't mean I'd trade Frazier for Tebow. But I can see how a neutral party would favor Tebow, especially being more recent.

Yeah, I think Frazier should get the edge, but it's not like it isn't close. Tebow played in two but didn't start the first one, Tommie played in three, lost the first, started, got benched, and then came back in the second.

Numbers wise it's not even close. Tebow is the second most efficient passer of all time, while also running for 3,000 yards in his career.

Guys like Frazier, LP and Crouch ALWAYS get undervalued in these "college" player polls because the authors give extra credit for players' pro careers. For example, take Brett Favre. Sure he had an outstanding career as an *NFL* quarterback. But he wasn't even the top college QB his senior year. Favre was taken one spot ahead of Browning Nagle in the second round of the NFL draft. Two QBs were taken ahead of Farve. (Although I guess draft position isn't always an indication of a QB's performance in college ball.)