HuskerBoard Recruiting Predictor 2017

The only problem with this is it going to highlight every thread that has a new vote, so it will look like something new has been posted when there really isn't.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. That's kind of a quirk in the board as far as I'm concerned. I'll look to see if there's an option to shut it off.

A lot of times you can tell that it's kind of off by itself but it's still a little annoying.

The only problem with this is it going to highlight every thread that has a new vote, so it will look like something new has been posted when there really isn't.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. That's kind of a quirk in the board as far as I'm concerned. I'll look to see if there's an option to shut it off.

A lot of times you can tell that it's kind of off by itself but it's still a little annoying.

Very annoying. Lol sorry to be picky. Just through a background in computer science - it shouldn't be too hard to write some code to turn that off?

Why don't the mods just make another subfolder for this and sticky it?

It would allow recruit profiles to remain topical and organized while giving people the chance to play predictor in their own sandbox. It seems like complaints from people wanting to vote in the main profile will be outweighed by those just coming here for updates.

It would require making the kids profile twice but quite a few of them get duplicated already so it isn't much extra effort. This software clearly isn't written to handle this boards ideal business case but this seems like a solid workaround to me.

• 5 months later...

It should take the format of turning off notifications for unread posts when someone makes a new vote. :D

I'll have to do some more looking. I looked into it when I first started this thread but at the time there wasn't a way to keep it from flagging the thread as having a new post. The option in the software was whether to bump the thread to the top of the list when there is a new vote which we have turned off but there wasn't an option for it not to be flagged at all. There was a lot of discussion about this on the IP.board message boards but it didn't seem to be an option at that time.

That being said, we don't usually run software updates during football season. There might be an update in the latest version of software. I'll do some more looking in the near future.

• 1 month later...

Still don't like this... is there really no way to differentiate from a thread that has new content and a thread that someone just voted on?

On my mobile, the threads that only have new votes will mark as read once I go back to the recruiting forum via the buttonat the top left of the screen and renter the 2017 forum. Not ideal but how I go around it

Still don't like this... is there really no way to differentiate from a thread that has new content and a thread that someone just voted on?

On my mobile, the threads that only have new votes will mark as read once I go back to the recruiting forum via the buttonat the top left of the screen and renter the 2017 forum. Not ideal but how I go around it

Hmmm interesting... will be a nice feature to look in to lol

Doesn't work on my iPhone. You got a Razr or something?