Ameer Abdullah showed glimpses of being a high-level running back for Detroit Lions

Grantland wrote a nice piece about Ameer. Not sure I agree about their first line in the quote, though:

Abdullah is maybe the best Nebraska running back since Mike Rozier, but last night he invoked another backfield legend. You will note that the last play in that montage is a 45-yard juke and gallop toward the end zone that sent Jets linebacker Demario Davis to Boot Hill. Let’s take a closer look at the moment Davis’s soul left his body.

There's a nice gif of his run, too:

oLLlNtc.gif

That move reminded me of some of our old Husker RBs. Remember when the shoulder pads were bigger and more loose and the jerseys were loose? An RB would make a move like that and the pads would be going one way and the body would be going the other. I always thought that was so cool.

Article prior to Ameer's first preseason game.

Rookies Set to Have Biggest Impact in Fantasy Football 2015

To Abdullah’s credit, he’s been taking advantage of his opportunities. (Detroit) Defense coordinator Teryl Austin told Birkett, “We can’t even touch him. He’s like grasping for air.” Abdullah has also been holding his own in pass protection, which is typically a struggle for rookie running backs.

NFL.com article/video following the Jets game....

The Ameer Abdullah hype train is ripping so rapidly down the tracks after Thursday night's performance it's about to careen out of control.

New York Jets coach Todd Bowles added some gas to the burning optimism about the Detroit Lions' rookie running back after watching him rip off 67 yards on just seven carries, including a ridiculous 45-yard run.

"He looked like he did in college," Bowles said, via the Detroit News. "He's quick as a cat. He's about as quick as Barry Sanders. I'm not saying he is Barry, but he's a good running back."

I did not start this thread so I am baffled. I posted the article above in Mavric's Ameer Abdullah thread yesterday so I am stumped... :dunno It should be the last post of that thread actually but instead it is now somehow a new topic. Not sure we need another Ameer Abdullah thread. One of the mod's must have gotten drunk?

Feel free to delete this thread that I didn't start...

I did not start this thread so I am baffled. I posted the article above in Mavric's Ameer Abdullah thread yesterday so I am stumped... :dunno It should be the last post of that thread actually but instead it is now somehow a new topic. Not sure we need another Ameer Abdullah thread. One of the mod's must have gotten drunk?

Megathreads are frowned upon because it has been determined that reading is hard.
  • Fire 4

Megathreads are frowned upon because it has been determined that reading is hard.

. . . . reading are hard

What about kilothreads?

You know, I keep watching Abdullah's jump cuts in slow motion, over and over again to find out what it is that makes them so effective but it's like watching a good magician do sleight of hand. You know something is going on, but you just can't see what it is that makes it work.

I think that is how the defenders who watch his film feel.