What's Most Important From Armstrong?

Mavric

I'd go with

Completion Percentage - Yards per Attempt kind of balances this out but I'm more interested in making throws you need to to keep drives alive

Turnover Percentage - Have to make smart decisions with the ball

Total Yards - I'm fine with relatively fewer passing yards as we can still make yards on the ground

Total TDs - Scoring is the name of the game but they don't all have to come from the QB

Rushing Numbers - Having a running QB is a great asset but we also have other options in the ground game

• Fire 4

Turnover percentage

Completion Percentage

Total TD's

Total Yards

Rushing Numbers

It seems contradictory to tell a QB to take care of the ball, but, then say completing passes is more important than not turning the ball over. That doesn't send a good message. A player's number one priority always needs to be ball security. And if you're taking care of the ball, you're making better decisions with the ball, and that could lead to a higher completion percentage. That's how I rationalize it, at least.

The only thing we don't want is low completion percentage and high turnovers, but, high completion percentage and a lot of turnovers isn't good either.

It seems contradictory to tell a QB to take care of the ball, but, then say completing passes is more important than not turning the ball over. That doesn't send a good message. A player's number one priority always needs to be ball security. And if you're taking care of the ball, you're making better decisions with the ball, and that could lead to a higher completion percentage. That's how I rationalize it, at least.

Yes and no. I see what you're saying but that's not the only way to look at it. Making good decisions is key to both stats. You make it sound like they're going to be forcing passes to make completions which will lead to turnovers. If that's what they're doing, we're going to be in trouble. But to me, being accurate with the ball and making good decisions will lead to a higher completion percentage and lower turnover percentage.

There are other ways to reduce turnover percentage. If you simply won't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open, you won't turn it over very much. But you have to be able to make some tight throws to keep the sticks moving, which is why I give the nod to accuracy. Both are right up there though; 1A and 1B.

I'd go with

Completion Percentage - Yards per Attempt kind of balances this out but I'm more interested in making throws you need to to keep drives alive

Turnover Percentage - Have to make smart decisions with the ball

Total Yards - I'm fine with relatively fewer passing yards as we can still make yards on the ground

Total TDs - Scoring is the name of the game but they don't all have to come from the QB

Rushing Numbers - Having a running QB is a great asset but we also have other options in the ground game

That's about the same as I'd have said it. Comp % and turnovers 1a and 1b.

TD obviously important.

Total yards are a result of all these things.

Importance of rushing yards will be based upon the emphasis the OC puts on using. Tommy in the run game. Obviously if. Tommy is running a lot and not getting anywhere, that becomes a bigger issue than we perceive it to be now.

Maybe most important thing 1c on the list is hit the HB in the flat.

Yes and no. I see what you're saying but that's not the only way to look at it. Making good decisions is key to both stats. You make it sound like they're going to be forcing passes to make completions which will lead to turnovers. If that's what they're doing, we're going to be in trouble. But to me, being accurate with the ball and making good decisions will lead to a higher completion percentage and lower turnover percentage.

There are other ways to reduce turnover percentage. If you simply won't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open, you won't turn it over very much. But you have to be able to make some tight throws to keep the sticks moving, which is why I give the nod to accuracy. Both are right up there though; 1A and 1B.

I see what you're saying, too, but if we're ranking it in terms of importance, I can't put anything above turnover percentage. The one constant with great teams is low turnovers, not completion percentage. The best teams in the country, typically, don't turn the ball over.

So, while I agree they're both right up there, preventing turnovers has to be the #1 focus and job of the quarterback. To me, personally, it's more 1 and 2 rather than 1a and 1b. I look at TM's junior season - 62% completion percentage, but threw 12 INT's and had a ton of fumbling problems. I'd take a lower completion % if it mean fewer turnovers.

I see what you're saying, too, but if we're ranking it in terms of importance, I can't put anything above turnover percentage. The one constant with great teams is low turnovers, not completion percentage. The best teams in the country, typically, don't turn the ball over.

So, while I agree they're both right up there, preventing turnovers has to be the #1 focus and job of the quarterback. To me, personally, it's more 1 and 2 rather than 1a and 1b. I look at TM's junior season - 62% completion percentage, but threw 12 INT's and had a ton of fumbling problems. I'd take a lower completion % if it mean fewer turnovers.

That's a legit point, I rank both pretty highly but maybe the turnovers should be 1a. Turnovers have been the easiest thing to point to in the past as far as the difference between 9 wins to a possible 10/11.

Still, if we complete more passes, convert more third downs and keep some drives going, that completion percentage goes up and equally changes the game. It keeps the ball in your hands, possibly equals points, and takes the ball out of the opponents hands every time you string a drive together.

Both very important I think.

• Fire 1

The biggest key for Tommy to be successful is to realize he has many other playmakers on offense. As long as he can get them the ball consistently without a turnover, and then occasionally make a few plays with his feet, they will have a great year. They have awesome WR's, so making the short throws in stride is important.

Also, getting finesse on screens is key too. Sometimes those are the toughest throws to make...kind of like the short game in golf. Many guys can drive the ball far, but trying to hit is 30 yards to the green is more challenging.