• 2 weeks later...

So in "Be A Pro" mode, you can't change the length's of the periods, so they're all 20 minutes long, and I lost a game last night 14 - 10...

That's pointless. There's a reason video games need shorter quarters, periods, what have you, in comparison to their real life counterparts. I once set an old NCAA game on xbox to 15 min. quarters and the score was 77-10 at half.

So in "Be A Pro" mode, you can't change the length's of the periods, so they're all 20 minutes long, and I lost a game last night 14 - 10...

That's pointless. There's a reason video games need shorter quarters, periods, what have you, in comparison to their real life counterparts. I once set an old NCAA game on xbox to 15 min. quarters and the score was 77-10 at half.

If you want a good laugh, go read NHL16's facebook page, they are getting destroyed...

• 9 months later...

I bought this on a $15 sale for XB1, and I'm about to rip my hair out.

Brief summation of my experience - as this is the first NHL game I've played in years, I wanted to just kind of test the water. So, I started a playoff mode on rookie. I went 16-0, routinely won by scores of 10-2 (or greater) and just genuinely made work of the opposition. The CPU was laughably bad.

So, I decided to start a season and bump the difficulty up to pro (one level above), and I've contemplated beating my head with a hammer ever since...

The difficulty curve is INSANE. I lose 80 percent of faceoffs now, I RARELY am able to get the puck into the offensive zone without getting poke checked into oblivion or just completely laid out, and the CPU just makes ridiculously stupid easy goals. I'm 2-8 in my season mode and routinely lose by 4-5 goals. I can't score from the high slot to save my life, but the CPU can make it rain all day from there. I can't get solid one timer opportunities or even passing opportunities in the offensive zone without getting (again) either laid out or poke checked into oblivion, but the CPU can sit back and make passes all day to their hearts content.

I'm guessing superstar mode includes grenades for the CPU team and an AI shark that just pops out of the ice and eats my players. Every video I watch online just makes it look effortless, yet here I am getting dominated in TOP.