Call your shot: 2015 Season Prediction

2015 Season Predictions  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fall Camp is pretty much over, we have a good idea on who most of the starters are, and next week is game week. So, for the last time this offseason, call your shot. We'll archive this tread next Sunday and reactivate it after the season (if I actually remember to do it) to see how we did.

How many wins for the Huskers in the 2015 regular season? Do we make the Big CCG?

Vote in the poll, and if you want, do a game by game reply in the thread.

Miami is overrated. I don't get why everyone seems to assume we will lose. Also Minnesota without that Stud RB or TE doesn't scare much. In fact, they remind me of Iowa.

That said, I chose 9-3 because I expect a few mistakes in HCMRs first year.

Judging from fall camp comments

We will lose to any team that has both a) a deep pass game and b) has a very good to excellent defense.

I think our offense can produce points. I also hear that the D is suspect to the deep pass. BYU has the offense, but not the defense. Miami might have our number because of scheme. MSU defense is good, don't know about their new QB. Minny plays to our strengths, so I am not worried. Wisky (new coach / easy sched) traditionally has a good D, don't know about their QB.

But I know nuthing, nuthing!

BYU

This one is such a tough one to call because there are way too many unknowns. 1) Is Taysom Hill fully recovered? 2) Which players are suspended for both teams? 3) How will the new offensive and defensive systems do in a real-game situation? With this many major unknowns, I'm just going to say the home team wins. Win

South Alabama

Without a doubt our easiest game on the schedule, but USA should figure to have some of that famous SEC speed. Could be a tricky one, especially if the team struggles and loses to BYU. Very unlikely though. Win

@Miami

We know there'll be more Husker fans than Cane fans at this game in Miami, but Miami will be no slouch. Kaaya had a very good performance against us last year and he will probably only be better now that he has a year of experience underneath his belt. Two really solid tests for how Mike Riley will do at Nebraska, and I think he passes them both. Win

Southern Miss

A team we've had no issues handling in the past, and a team we should have no issues handling this year. Win

@Illinois

Games against the Illini haven't been too close the past two seasons, but they've also been contested in Lincoln both times. The team should be flying high after starting off 4-0; with Wisconsin looming, it may be easy to look past an Illinois team that has steadily improved the past two seasons. Win

Wisconsin

Alright. Major test #1: Can Mike Riley beat Wisconsin? Bo Pelini managed to beat Wisconsin, and he did so in the confines of Memorial Stadium, where the game will be played. In fact, the team wearing the home colors has never lost in this matcup. We will know a lot more about these teams by 10/10, and a Badger win over Alabama to start the year will have the hype thrusters activated. A prime stage for a major statement. Win

@Minnesota

But it doesn't get easier after Wisconsin, as the Huskers travel to TCF Bank Stadium to face the Gophers, a team that has given Husker fans major headaches the last two seasons. Jerry Kill has done an excellent job in Minneapolis, and he'll look to have his Gophers pull a major upset to start the year when they play TCU. A Gopher win, coupled by a Husker win over Wisconsin will set the stage for another (maybe unexpected) important showdown. It's important for conference purposes, but this game could have relevance on a national stage as well. We've seen the Huskers melt before when the light has shined brightest, but the steady nature of Mike Riley should have an impact on the team's between game consistency. Win

Northwestern

Remember 2011? Nebraska had just came off an absolutely dominant 24-3 victory over then #11 Michigan State. We had taken control of the Legends Division and Northwestern was the next opponent. Well...sadly we know how that game turned out. Now, the Wildcats haven't beaten the Huskers since that game (although they've come close numerous times). Back-to-back wins over Wisconsin and Minnesota will have the team riding high, and it will be tough to not overlook a visit from Michigan State in two weeks. I think the team's up to the task. Win

@Purdue

There's really not that much to say about this game.Win

Michigan State

If my predictions are accurate, this'll be a game that'll have conference and national implications, but perhaps not divisional implications, which is strange when you think about it. Nevertheless, if the Huskers start 9-0, this game will be one of the more important games played in Memorial Stadium in recent memory. I think the Spartans may be too talented for Nebraska, especially with this being Riley's first season in charge of Nebraska and Dantonio's umpteenth season in charge of Michigan State. A close game? Yes. But a loss. Loss

@Rutgers

By this point, we'll have seen how Nebraska handles adversity. But hopefully we will not have seen how they bounce back from a loss. This'll be the first time the Huskers will be coming off a losing effort, and Rutgers may be a tough ask, especially with the game being played in Piscataway. But I think the coaching staff will have this team refocused and ready to go.Win

BYE

I think it's a little ridiculous that we have 11 games in a row. Just saying.

Iowa

Well, a loss against Michigan State figures to make this game against the Hawkeyes a must win. There's no way Wisconsin finds a way to drop two conference games. We'll all be Minnesota fans for that game (unless the Gophers find a way to beat both Michigan and Ohio State), as a Gopher win will all but clinch the division for Nebraska. The Hawkeye-Husker series has been a weird one lately, with the away team winning the last 3 contests. In fact, Nebraska's the only team to have won a home game in this series since joining the Big Ten. Iowa is continually in the rebuilding process and this year looks no different. The Huskers win this one and cap off a surprising first year under Mike Riley. Win

Record: 11-1

• Fire 2