Huskers Look To Cater To Students, Younger Fans

Mavric

This is Topic One for the NU marketing department. How do you keep Generation Next engaged? They have a few ideas, working with the Iron N, an advisory group of NU students.

» Wednesday Emails. Every week, NU will send students an email telling them about the sporting events of the week.
» Iron N Rewards. Students get points for attending different sporting events. Prizes include merchandise and electronics. Yes, iPads and iPods.
» Boneyard Bash. Students were allowed to attend football practice on Saturday, and coach Mike Riley and team captains visited with them.
» Improved Wi-Fi in Memorial Stadium, and now a Husker App that shows replays that only those in the stadium can view.
» This season, HuskerVision will show other live games on the north video board and the four corner boards before the Nebraska game starts. They’ll also give live “look-ins” of other games during NU timeouts, halftime, etc.

OWH

and then they'll move the student section?

I think it would be cool if they moved the students across the bottom of the south endzone. But the logistics (basically, who are you going to piss off to do it) are interesting.

The time to do it would have been when they opened the East Stadium expansion as it seems like quite a few fans moved from south stadium at that time. Not sure if there will be enough "push" to get it done.

That was my first thought, too. Shrinking the student section back was the

worst. idea. ever.

but it was TO's so we'd better not question it.

who knows? It could still happen. This staff seems to be of the right mind when it comes to understanding the value of enfranchising fans, especially the younger ones...

That was my first thought, too. Shrinking the student section back was the

worst. idea. ever.

but it was TO's so we'd better not question it.

who knows? It could still happen. This staff seems to be of the right mind when it comes to understanding the value of enfranchising fans, especially the younger ones...

Didn't they shrink it b/c students weren't buying tickets?

Will be a nice day if and when this happens (returning the students back down to the field).

It may not even result in that much more of an intimidating atmosphere. But I would argue it just "looks" better. I like seeing the crazy students close to the field.

I'm sure they can find a way to sell tickets that they're not buying, if that really is the case. We would have the same problem, no matter where we put them.

Do we have any students on this site?

I would ask:

1. What game time works best for you?

2. Do you care who they are playing?

3. Do you leave early? Arrive late?

4. What keeps you from attending?

I can give a decent answer as I was college aged in 2008/09 although I wasn't a UNL student, I hung out with many who had tickets. Also attended many games with them in south stadium

1. 2:30 seemed to be best. Not hung over from Friday, and not too drunk on Saturday

2. My group of friends, generally no.

3. Arrive with 30-40 mins before kickoff. Never left early

4. Being in South stadium student section stinks. Horrible angle to watch football in my opinion. Also, if the game had a north wind...count me out. I went to the KU game in 2008, and froze my freaking face off with that 25mph North wind, right in my face. Would have much rather been at home.

Do we have any students on this site?

I would ask:

1. What game time works best for you?

2. Do you care who they are playing?

3. Do you leave early? Arrive late?

4. What keeps you from attending?

I can give a decent answer as I was college aged in 2008/09 although I wasn't a UNL student, I hung out with many who had tickets. Also attended many games with them in south stadium

1. 2:30 seemed to be best. Not hung over from Friday, and not too drunk on Saturday

2. My group of friends, generally no.

3. Arrive with 30-40 mins before kickoff. Never left early

4. Being in South stadium student section stinks. Horrible angle to watch football in my opinion. Also, if the game had a north wind...count me out. I went to the KU game in 2008, and froze my freaking face off with that 25mph North wind, right in my face. Would have much rather been at home.

Yeah, I could see that weather being an issue.

I don't know if they have blocks for greek houses at all but that could help too.